What's new

help s15 handbrake cabel/turbo problem!

J

john

alright lads...problem no 1 :ran into a small problem my handbrake cable needs to be replced i failed on it for the nct...havent been on here in ages and remeber everyone here being great help last time i was:) finding it hard to find a new cable and its needed immediatle as my mechanic has car ready for it to fit asap. any help would be brill lads thanks!!
problem 2: also need to sort a small problem with my turbo?? it wont boost proparly and not sure wat the problem is? it seems to be just power its down on and mecahanic cant figure it out either...any one else ever have this happen? HELP !!

cheers

Reaction score
Country
hi mate with the hand brake cable the only place i can think of for you being in Ireland is a site i think is called drift Ireland, someone on there mite be selling one, and with the turbo i really hope iam wrong but are you shore its not broken or the braided hoses around it are not bust, iam not the best on this mate but can you see oil leaks from the turbo

Reaction score
With the turbo, it could be the waste gate is not closing properly which is caused by a faulty or ceased actuator,

J

john

hi bud thanks for the reply!
i have no leaks and no cant see any oil either
and also checked to see if there was and holes in any of the pipes but theres none!!
its just not boosting and the dump valve is not working!!! mechanic said something about
maybe could it be something to do with the fan but dont know what he means :(

took a look on drift ireland and put up a apost so hoping to get a reply really pushed for time!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
S14 cables should be the same as they use the same rear brakes, and are basically identical mechanically in every other way too, so worth a shot!

turbo could be boost pipe split or as Auss says wastegate on the turbo seized. I would prob take to a mechanic who knows about these things!