What's new

I really want a track car! How many of you have one?

Reaction score
4WD= dirt,mud, snow and heavy..no brainer, it does it all for you
rear wheel drive= fun, black top, driver skills, balance between steering and power, drifting, the measure of experience.

Reaction score
Country
I'll be breaking my Almera soon and building an EP3 similar to Mike. That Should be quite some fun but fairly expensive.
Do you remember that red sc EP3 at japfest?

After watching that absolutley destroy the track it makes evos and other high spec track capable cars seem pointless.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That ep3 was ****ing rapid!! So impressed by that! I would prob prefer an ek9 or dc2 with same engine spec though!

I just love RWD, it's a proper challenge! A track S13 would be my ideal budget track car! The S15 is defo worth to much to track a lot but I've gotta try it!

What I've come to realise is you've got to drive a car you love, otherwise it's not getting the best out of you! I could buy a cheap BMW but I wouldn't love it or care about what happened to it, which could be good but I'm never gonna be f1 champ so there's no point me taking it too seriously!

Reaction score
That's what it's about, having fun and enjoying your car in a no limits enviroment. I'm not hoping to get into the V8 Series here, but I would like to enjoy my car to it's full potential which street driving could never emulate.

Reaction score
Country
in other news, im 100% for the 10th sam booked it off and some time off to play with it before and fix after lol.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha! Nice one Shane, hopefully there won't be any fixing needed after!! I've got a couple sets of brake pads I'm gonna bring, and also gonna bring my jack and battery gun if I need to take the wheels off!
I'm lucky enough to work at a garage where I can do all my stuff on the ramps! I've got some air ducting with some trumpets to run to my brakes and then a complete oil change about 2 weeks before so I can run it in alittle! Plus get some octane booster to run with the 99 v power!

gonna be a good day, hope it stays dry!!

S.K

Reaction score
Country
You wont regret bringing your car out on track ,

Parts break on track cars all the time so when they do just upgrade them
as you go along and it wont work out to expensive,

Here is my track prepared S15

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
that would be really really mean to have, but 90% of us would not be able to afford the build or running cost of what im guessing you have done with that car, craig's track hack option is about what most of us could easily go for, which is why im always looking for a cheap RWD. A guy here in NZ uses a 4door R32 which is only a RB20E, locked diff and stiff as suspension, very cheap skyline drift pig but he gets some really good drifting action going and is well known for just getting out there.

Reaction score
I took my S15 out on track after 3 days of owning it, and it was raining, man up guys :D.

You don't need to drive like a lunatic! You learn the track before giving it some, it's great fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'll be breaking my Almera soon and building an EP3 similar to Mike. That Should be quite some fun but fairly expensive.
you will love it! iv'e always been a Honda guy, iv'e had various Vtec Import Honda's - EG6's, EK4's, DC2's. some people don't like them, as they have to be driven hard to be enjoyed - But they are built to be thrashed, so make amazing track cars. they can be real giant beaters.

my mate Dom has recently built a DC2 with an EP3 K20 engine, with DC5 LSD gearbox as EP3's ridiculously didn't come with an LSD.

253bhp and weighs just under a ton - its crazy amounts of fun

Here is a video i got of it's first outing at Mallory Park, which i got to ride shotgun. it was also his first track day, the car performed well but budget tyres were a big limiting factor.

Reaction score
Country
That ep3 at japfest was impressive, Bren's and its supercharged, fully stripped out. Then saying that lupix's s14 wasn't much slower with only basic mods and stripped out, i also would love a track car, problem for me is insuring 2 cars at my ages is a bit of a joke.

Reaction score
Country
I had a s14 non turbo as a daily and i bit the bullet and swapped out the non turbo for a s14 sr20 turbo for the track and its the best thing i ever done. but then i did miss having a silvia on the road and didnt need/want the power on the road as a daily because i had it on the track in the s14 so i bought a N/A s15 as a daily . HAPPY DAYS :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
DC2's are brilliant cars but even better with a bit of K20 power. I would love to B18 my EK9 and use that for track days but the cost will be too high, so will hopefully be going for an EP3 for ease and cheapness.

Proper tyres (R888, A048 etc) make such an incredible difference, it's pointless having a brilliant handling car if its been blessed with Nankang DitchFinder specials! :)

Reaction score
Country
I think DC5's also make excellent track cars...they might have a higher initial purchase price but you can turn them into something amazing!

I can just imagine a DC5 with decent suspension, brakes, tyres and then a sexy jrsc :cool:

How do integras and civics gearboxs cope with track action? are they more reliable than ours? (they obv have much less torque going through them lol and its torque that kills boxes!)

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They seem to cope well apart from eating synchros, but not the end of the world. A friend of mine has a DC5 and it is pretty awesome too, definitely my favourite of the lot. It's virtually stock and perfect for the streets.

We will all be doing a trackday next weekend at Anglesy (Almera, DC2 and DC5), so I will report the findings here :) I'm expecting to get left for dead!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
At the end of the day, it is about how big your smile is when getting out of the car. There will always be a faster car or a better driver. You just have to enjoy the experience :)

Reaction score
Country
haha yes meddler you are so right that's why i got a s15 because for the price range you could get something faster but it isn't everything and some cars can be to serous, why not have some fun and like you said smile :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
soon hopefully... Unfortunately I don't have the time to do some required maintenance on the car, and then trying to find the time to actually do the event, well that is another story.

I was looking at the next LBMCCC skid pan though.