What's new

How to remove Interior?

Reaction score
Country
I'm looking to spray my interior, I was wondering if there was a how to anywhere as to how to get the main part out? I'll be able to remove the centre console, just unsure on the part it goes onto that holds the glove box etc.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
It's pretty easy tbh mate.
Its all Philips screws and clips . Under where the glovebox is there are 2 plastic plugs at the rear of the glovebox one on each side that you pull out to drop the glovebox then you can unscrew the dash, there is also a screw behind the kick plate by the passenger door in the footwell. Once it's all unscrewed just give it a good yank to unclip it ;) if you get stuck I will be messing around with my car later so can take some pics for you but it's fairly straightforward tbh bout 20 minutes work mate

Reaction score
Country
awesome, if you could that'd be good, gonna get the spray paint tonight, then spray, should be a relatively quick job :)

Reaction score
Country
good man! yeah I may get it out and spray it tonight, dry overnight and then can put it back in tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
yeah just be careful when your putting it all back in as the lacquer will probably be a bit soft still ;) dont want to damage your nicely painted parts!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
First remove the gaitor,this just pulls off

Then the gaitor surround next which you pull up from the back then slide the front out as you can see there is 2 clips at the rear and 2 slide tabs at the front

Then there are 2 screws on the stereo surround in front of the gear stick ,and 4 clips on the frame itself 2 up by the air vents and 2 at the rear near the ash tray

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Then there are 2 screws by the air vents you have to undo

by the passenger door remove the plastic kick plate it has 2 clips on the rear and is position in the foot well on a screw(may be bolted in mine isn't) behind there is a screw
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/peglio/IMG_3364.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/peglio/IMG_3365.jpg
then on the rear corners of the glovebox are these little plugs that just pull out,may have to twist them first
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/peglio/IMG_3366.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/peglio/IMG_3367.jpg
The glovebox just slides up and comes out and there are more screws behind there
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/peglio/IMG_3368.jpg
and some in the roof of the box too then the rest of the dash is just on clips so pull it after you have removed all the screws ,didnt really want to take it all out again lol hope this helps.
For some reason the uploader stopped working but hte links should work good luck mate :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Love the step through guide really helpful for me too and always wanted a gauge in the centre vent, how hard is it to get the vent out, is it a flat headed screw driver jobie and pray you don't damage it or something more safe

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that mate your a life saver or err dash saver haha and iam loving the grey s15, and that back bumper is just :D ,,,,,, ive got to get one. and do the normal size defi gauges slot strait in or do you need a fitting kit

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
My back bumper?? Lol keep your eyes peeled if so as my rear and skirt will be going up for sale as soon as I have painted my new kit =D
yeah dude the 60mm defi gauges fit straight in man no issues at all iirc
i like to help where I can mate glad to be of some use ;)

Reaction score
Country
oh i will dont worry iam on here everyday and cant wait to see your car when its finished, tempted to do my car like that but want to see what yours looks like first
Thanks again mate

Reaction score
Country
oh it definitely will, and once ive sorted out the rest of my mods iam going to do a build thread my self, and i see some of the people on here there front number plates are not the square shape but the standard uk shape but a touch smaller is this something the car shops will do for you or are they trimming the corners because i can see there not the extra small plates that get you a pull from the law which i really don't want but my square plate will be in the way when i get a fmic fitted. and fair play taking your dash apart to show the guy how to do his ive saved the pictures myself for if i do it aswell and just want to thank you for it :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not too sure on the plate dude, I cut mine to the size I wanted I can get away with any size plate because its am import and has no fixed mounting position , there are ways around it I believe...
As for the pics dude it's not a problem happy to help where I can have had most of my car in pieces at one stage or another lmao look forward to seeing your build thread dude

Reaction score
Country
haha love your style and the info on the plates i will bear that in mind, and fair play ive worked on loads of cars of mine just for fun so i can see how it all works but wouldn't dare do to my Silvia cause 1 in case i couldn't get it back together right and 2 it would feel like iam pulling my child to peace's haha. Thanks again for the advice