What's new

Help!

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Anyone got any genius or special way at removing this stuff??

Obvs been doin the usual way of heat gun and scraper.... Any help be great!

Reaction score
Country
lol. I'd use a hairdrier instead of a heat gun as it wont set fire to it, or cook it so much. but yeah thats the easiest way as far as i'm aware mate.. bit of heat, and scrape away.. effort!

Reaction score
Country
i find the opposite, get it real cold then chip off big chunks with a scraper and a hammer.then you are left with a bit of residue that comes off with some thinners.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Or leave it on cos it really makes no difference! S15's don't have that much sound deadening so for all the ball ache it is to remove it I just can't see it being worth it. But if you reaaaaaaaly wanna do it then as gaz said leave it cold and just chip it off!

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Main reason for removing it because there car is being stripped an painted inside, also the fact that if your driving on a track day your shoes seem to melt into it when it warms up haha.

I'll give the dry ice a go! Anyone no the best place to purchase this stuff? I guess it to be RS?

Reaction score
Country
Dry Ice,, it's the most effective way of removing sound deadening.
and besides, you can also smash dry ice up small, put some into a coke bottle the very very quickly add a bit of water put the lid on and throw it......................... boom