What's new

Dashboard options. Help needed.

Reaction score
Country
I have removed my head unit and connected items and I am left with a small issue and how best to tidy it up.

On the Dash I had mounted a screen that was stuck down with a/some double sided sticky pads. Underneath this there is some minor damage to the dash. How best can I tidy this up.

I have had some thoughts. The easiest thing I could think of would be to put a gauge holder on top of the dash. I have had a quick look around and can only find universal ones which will look a bit pants. I have come across the Uras gauge holder but I'm not sure this will come across the dash far enough. And finding one will likely be next to impossible. Are there any other half decent gauge holders that sit above the vents?

An other option would be to replace the whole dash. This seems like a lot of work and I will want to add gauges at some point anyway.

Are there any other options I haven't thought of?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
How bad are the marks? Is it just glue from the tape? Some kind of alcohol wipe will get it off if so won't it. Post a pic up of you get a sec we can have a better look, i've got a mark on mine where guy in Japan maybe had a apexi controller stuck I've been tackling for a while but glue on the textured plastic is welded on!

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
Cleaned up the centre a bit more today. Picture shows the marks.
IMG_0237.jpg
The tear is actually in passengers side corner where the TV aerial and ETC aerial was located. I think I may be able to clue this back down.