What's new

Interior cabin 'air/pollen filters'?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Just took mine out and it's nasty! So I cleaned it out and put it back in! Not paying 30quid to smell fresher air! On ford services we replace them every year though the Japanese aren't so worried, Subaru don't put it in the service schedule and neither do they on a toyota supra.

Reaction score
I'm not speaking from experience but when i had a Celica people were complaining about the price, the solution was to go to B&Q (or another DIY outlet/ebay etc.) to buy a sheet of cooker hood filter. They were around £10 per sheet and could do 3 cabin filters. Basically split open the filter case, cut the cooker hood filter and replace.

I've found a link on the Celica-Club which shows how to do it:
http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/...7-how-to-guides/page__p__1034297#entry1034297

If you cant see it let me know and i'll copy and paste, hopefully this should work and save people some money :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
My car smells fresher now i've cleaned my manky filter, BUT it doesnt smell clean still. Its just better. And i soaked the panel in Febreeze before i put it back in. haha.

I dont think anything will be as good as a replacement..

Reaction score
Country
My car smells fresher now i've cleaned my manky filter, BUT it doesnt smell clean still. Its just better. And i soaked the panel in Febreeze before i put it back in. haha.

fabreeze, your a funny bugger jase... what is with the british and air freshener products

Reaction score
Country
fabreeze, your a funny bugger jase... what is with the british and air freshener products
:D

I was going to soak it in aftershave... but then decided that would annoy me... Although, I have learnt a valuable lesson:

- Febreeze 'goes off'. And now it doesnt smell so fresh.

Reaction score
Its basically the same stuff but doesn't say 'Nissan' and you need to cut to the right size, for the smell all you need is a piece of carbon filter. Its been proven that it works, that is as long as you can split the cage on the S15 filter like you could on the Celica.

I've cut out the 'Removal' steps as that is obviously going to be different:

5. Open your £11.73 kitchen extractor hood filter bought from Comet

6. Inside are two filters a grease and small particle filter and a black carbon based filter. Take the white one and cut round your old filter to get the exact size new filter

7. Place it in your filter tray

8. Take out the sheet of charcoal filter and again cut round your old filter

9. Place carbon filter on top of the new white filter

I fitted an extra carbon filter as there is room in the tray to accomodate it. So I had one white and two carbon filters on top of each other.

10. Refit the same way you took it out and check your blowers. It might have been my imagination but mine seemed a bit more powerful and a tad quieter

Happy filter fitting!

P.S - there is enough stuff to do two complete filter changes. In fact if you only use one piece of carbon filter there will be enough to do four filter changes! So price per filter change is £5.86 or £2.92. A bit cheaper than the £35 Toyota wanted!

I'd also fit a piece of the 'white filter' on top of the carbon filter to sandwich it in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I might be able to get some genuine nissan ones and send them over to you for about 17GBP each + postage (surface mail) not fedex or any expensive crap like that

Reaction score
Country
hi is this still going ahead as iv just bought my s15 and dont think the filter has ever been changed. if this price is the case i may have more than one saves messing about next time. cheers

Reaction score
Country
sorry for the letdown, but he guy selling only had two left.................. one for me and the other for anyone else who wants one pm me if you are interested price i paid for them was $37.50NZ so that converted in you currency + the cheapest(slowest) postage, and no i dont know how much that will be off the top of my head

Reaction score
Country
About £30 shipped from the above link, compared to £68 from Nissan :D Thanks. part number : 27277-86F25

Update - I got a letter saying I have to pay £24 customs fees, total then £54... still a little cheaper than through Nissan :|

Last edited: