What's new

Best Black Paint

Reaction score
Country
Getting my respray starting on the 6th, need to get the paint code of the best looking black, I know nissans black obsidian, but is it really that good? What other choices for a good black are there? Ideas and pictures please :)

Jay

Reaction score
just had mine resprayed in a toyota black, not sure of the code but i can get it if needed.

Reaction score
Country
We thinking the Nissan black isn't that great then? Yeah if you could get the code that would be good, other option is going Honda nighthawk black with the blue flecks in it

Reaction score
Country
I like BMW blacks. I had an E46 in sapphire black metallic that I liked when it was polished up, and I like their carbon black too. It's a really dark blue that looks black in most lights, but you can see the blue in the sun. And BMW rubinschwarz metallic has got red metallic in it giving a hint of red in the right light.

Reaction score
Country
Totally undecided, opinions?

BMW rubinschwarz metallic

BMW Sapphire black metallic

Nighthawk black

BMW Carbon Black

He's quoted me £1500 with him getting the materials, but may come down if I help with the work

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had a type r in nighthawk black was a nice colour but my new type r in crystal black is even better!!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Don't get BMW black! Subaru black has a gold flake in it
which ggives a nice shine! But yeah go for a newer style black paint as paint technology has moved on and as peg says the Honda crystal black is sweet!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Crystal black is tasty mate seriously is the same blue and silver glitter as nhb but bigger flakes so a lot more sparkly. Also as Sam said paints have moved on a lot and are moving on quickly so better off getting the newest style of paint as its likely to be around longer if you ever need a touch up ;)

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Honda nighthawk black is best for me. It has a blue metalik flake in it

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I've had a look at my mates new civic and crystal black is the colour I'm going for :) paint codes nh731p I believe