What's new

Start up and Battery

Reaction score
Country
A couple of questions; I have been having slight start up problems, not severe it's only not started once but sounds like its struggling sometimes, it's only when it's been started up more than a few times in a day, if I just use the car for going to work and back with a large gap I seem to have no problems, but it's still not a quick smooth start up. Will it be a battery problem and it's likely to need replacing or getting a larger one? (If so can anyone recommend a good larger sized one)

Or alternatively could it be the starter motor or various other things?

Any help much appreciated, cheersG

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Mine struggled for a few weeks and then died only making "clack" noises similar to a flat battery but turned out to be the starter motor had packed up. Could be worth checking.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah does sound like a good idea, are they hard to change?

The battery in it has the values:

12V
240 cca
Ah 35

Is this rubbish? What do these values mean, I know voltage and im pretty sure that ah is capacity, but no idea about cca?

Seen a bosch battery that says on the site it fits, with 12v 540cca and ah60, is this much improved? As I think the battery is on the way out anyway so will replace it, if it sorts the start up problems all good or I'll do starter motor as well :)

Reaction score
240 CCA is vey low to turn over a car. I have a small battery and it's 380 CCA. I wouldn't use anything less then 330 CCA That Bosch would be way better especially if you can use a full size battery