What's new

Alignment settings for time attack

V

VS15

Thanks for the feedback spoonman

related to the camber and toe settings , does it make a difference if the track im running is an off camber track ?

Reaction score
Country
hell yes, any corners that are off camber will make your rear far more likely to slip, but what the hell kind of track has off camber corners??? thats the kind of thing i noticed on the nurburgring but you expect it there no where else though

V

VS15

Its the sepang F1 track in malaysia :)

So does that changes the recommendation provided here ?

Reaction score
Country
I just watched a clip of a car going around sepang circuit and its not off camber, those corners fall to the inside which will help grip, there looked to be a few sections where on the corners exits where it levels out very quickly which might cause the rear to slide but not enough that your skill could not overcome.

V

VS15

THanks spoonman , if that's the case does it make sense to run more camber in the rear or less as suggested ?

Reaction score
I would check your tyre wear, it will indicate how much contact patch you have on the camber settings you have. With the spring rates you are currently running and the camber settings you are using I wouldn't be supprised if you are not using the full tyre contact width on the track. .

V

VS15

thanks guys , will try out the new suggestions . hopefully it works to cut off a few seconds more =)

V

VS15

The additional toe in did help but camber didnt do much . very weird , guess i just need some advan 050 hahaha....... suspension tuning is a dark art....