What's new

Wheel Advice

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, I have a Pewter Spec R and ill be having the vertex kit and yashio factory led rears put on soon :)

The plans for the exterior of the car, are to get a carbon fibre bonnet with vent and front light eyebrows, undecided about a big spoiler to match yet, but also need new alloys, I'm thinking of getting 18" alloys, need to learn about offsets and J's and the rest as im not good with wheels, but id like them to be sticking slightly out from the car, giving it that wider look.

I think that a Black or Gunmetal alloy with a polished rim would suit the car with the plans I have, ive had rota grid's on a previous car and fond of the different rota wheels as I like the 5 or 6 spoke look, what would people recommend I look at? Sizes and alloys please.

And if anyone has a pewter S15, could you post a picture of your alloys :)

Cheers

James

Reaction score
Country
My Choices so far;

SSR Professor SP1 in Black (polished rim) or Super Black (all polished)
or
5Zigen FN01R-C Hot Version Black (polished rim and centre)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have black gtr's on mine and they look great. Am running 8.5 front 9.5 rear et30 all round with 225/40 and 255/35 tyres I have the rear arches rolled flat back and a light roll on he fronts and have no problems with this fitment at all. Think in all honesty could have gone et25 f to push them out a little further.

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo...80963180043.435978.872525042&__user=872525042

Also check he wheel fitting guide on here as there is lots of pics and specs I am sure u will find what u are after on there

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I've had a look through, has anyone you know of ever run 18x9.5's all round? As I like the Rota gtr-d's but that's the smallest they come in

Reaction score
Country
Lots of us run 9.5's all round, i am, et 30 front and back 20mm spacer on the front to clear coil overs.
does require a bit of rolling front and back though.

Reaction score
Country
yeah i dont mind getting the arches rolled, would it be able to be done on an et25 wheel? what spacers would i need? (not done technical wheel stuff before, just straight swaps)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well with a 20mm spacer up front hat makes the front et 10 so if you want to run without spacers see if you can pick some up ( think et 12 will be as close as you will get not sure what off set they do in these wheels)
Id you had et25 you would need a 15 mm spacer on the front mate ;)

Reaction score
I will be selling my BBS LM's soon 17"x9 et 25

Depends on how much you want to spend! These stick out a little I got away with the arch lip been flattened back. They need a 5mm spacer on the fronts to clear the shock leg (on coilovers). I was going to have the centres painted a shade or two darker than the car but changed my mind and I'm going back to my Gram Light 57S's. They will come with 4 Dunlop D101s 245/40/17 tyres with lots of tread 6-7mm all round.