What's new

XXR 527 Chromium Black or Bronze for White Spec R Aero

D

DanielKelly

Hey guys so im getting the XXR 527's for my Silvia soon but i cant decide on the colour so i need some help... The Bronze or the Chromium black? I plan to put carbon parts (bonnet, wing and boot) on the car later so factor that into your decision. below is a pic of a S15 with the bronze, and the chromium black XXR.

Reaction score
If the finish lasts I would go for the chromium black.. With White car you can just about get away with anything but these would look superb, and if you decide to sell later they will sell easier and for more I would think..

D

DanielKelly

Thanks guys, that seems to be the general concensus, would look great with the colour coded carbon fiber

D

DanielKelly

I do love the look of the dark bronze as well but considering the carbon and the black front aero lip, the chromium black wowing compliment that all nicely. Anyone know someone that wants to buy a set of OZ racing 5 spoke wheels for S15? :p

Reaction score
Country
ha, my S15 ;-)

I like the bronze ones more than the gay chrome ones ;-)

D

DanielKelly

I wouldnt exactly call them chrome though, its more of a polished black or gunmetal. I wouldnt be caught dead putting chrome on an S15... way to bling not JDM at all

D

DanielKelly

I ended up going with 18x8.75+35 for front and +20 for the rear with 235x40 all round with Kumho KU36's but the rest guards needed to be rolled, I'll upload some pics soon

Reaction score
Country
I went with Hyper Silver on mine, which you could only get from NLMOTORING at the time, not sure if that's still the case.

I have 30mm rear overfenders so i went with 18x9.75 et20 all round, and was pleased to find they fitted the front with no problem too, running a little camber. so i don't know whether they fit the stock body rear.

Prefer the chromium black over the bronze, if i was ever to repaint mine i would do them white though. may try it!