What's new

Thinking of selling up...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I've had my S15 for over 4 years now and I still love it!

But it makes me sad to see it sitting in the garage and I just don't get the use out of anymore, done less than 1,000 miles last year.

With the addition of a motorbike earlier this year as well, whenever we get a nice sunny day the car does not even get a look in now.

It's not something I'm in a rush to do but I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact I'd be better off selling up rather than seeing the car waste away :(

Plus I quite fancy a pure track car or bike right now, something I can have some real fun in without worrying about totally ruining it.

I'd be so sad to see the car go given all the hours and £££'s I've put into it to make it the car it is today.

I'm sure other owners / ex owners on here have been in similar situations, its just biting the bullet and posting that for sale ad would make it seem so final :cry:

Darren

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Know how you feel dude although mine was exactly a pristine 'show' example lol :wack:

I'd say you're in a good situation in the sense you're not desperate to sell so you can wait for the right buyer at the right price. If you do feel your money/energy needs to into a more for the track then this is the right move :thumbs:

I still feel sad I sold up but things move on and I now can afford a daily (not a bad one lol) combined with my 14a track machine which has been an eye opener in terms of how raw you can build a car and feel every inch of the track you're working on :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Like you say Darren things move on, so I can understand where you are coming from. You have it even harder due to the bikes as I bet the speed thrill from that is nothing compaired to a car...

It will find a good home if yo do sell as its a top example, so won't go to waste :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'll be sad to see it go for sure, I just dont want to be in the position where I regret selling the car after.

But I can't help think how much it costs me just to have it sat in the garage each year.

I would hate to see it go to someone who doesn't care for it as much as I have too!

Sad times :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
you are in a good positon Darren, you can sell it when, to who and for the price you want which can't be a bad thing. All the best with what ever you do decide to do. (but I would keep it :D)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I know what you are saying mate, I've worked tirelessly to make mine as perfect as possible and now I'm gonna be selling up soon, having a baby has changed everything and I just don't get to use it as much as I'd like... I've put about 15k into it now and it won't even sell for that, but I've enjoyed it while I've had it and have decided to get out of the modified car game because if I were to stay in it, I'd never be happy with a replacement for the s15 down the line :(

Reaction score
Country
I can imagine how you feel!

I never thought I’d ever consider selling mine but the thought keeps cropping up due to me wanting a house!

If you can afford it though id keep it...only if you need the money for something more important like family / house would I sell...who cares if its sat in the garage...its still fu*kin cool to sit and look at and go and tinker with :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I'm an old fart so I've done the house thing and got two kids! only thing that will make me sell is if I've lose my job... :(

Reaction score
Country
If you can afford it, then keep it. Nothing would be more soul crushing then selling it to someone and it ending up looking like crap...

If not then sell it, and DON'T LOOK BACK!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
It's not about the money really, I dont see it as a pile of cash.

I've got a house already so I dnt need money for that either.

I'll have a long think and a few more drives before I make my mind up 100%.

Thanks for your thoughts guys :thumbs:

Jay

Reaction score
one thing to consider when selling is this.... nobody will ever treat it the way you would want it treated. IF you decide to sell then do so with the attitude that once it has gone then what happens is irrelevant to you. you had your pleasure from ownership, and there will be every chance that the next owner will crash/drift/fail to maintain etc.

i had this exact senario with my last car (an immaculate ep3). didnt want it to go to a muppet, but all i had was tyre kickers and muppets come to look. in the end i said sod it and sold it to a drug dealing lithuanian who offered the asking price, no questions asked. luckily he lived miles away so i dont have to see the car anymore!

the point to all this is.... if its not a question of money, and you dont want to risk a muppet wrecking your pride and joy, then KEEP IT!!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
We might have to start a lynch mob that is sent around to members that consider selling their cars. :p

I have had mine for 5 years and have thought about selling, but I just bought a daily, so now it's going to get the care it deserves :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
We might have to start a lynch mob that is sent around to members that consider selling their cars. :p

I have had mine for 5 years and have thought about selling, but I just bought a daily, so now it's going to get the care it deserves :)
Im not sure breaking my legs would help me want to keep the car :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
My plan was to always keep the car even if i write it off, just going to get a daily (probably clio again) before winter comes around and after that I'll be able to do what ever I want to my car within the limits of my credit card anyway. I'll still take the car out for night runs and travelling to see family & the Portugal road trip if it ever happens

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It's a shame to hear this (I'm not one to talk) but if anyone really want's to buy a very clean S15, I'd be dropping Darren a PM ASAP as this is certainly a good one. Ones like this don't come up for sale often..