What's new

Anyone replaced their window screen through their insurance

Reaction score
Country
Hi I was wondering if anyone had done this through their insurance? I'm insured for it but will have to pay my excess of course I just wondered if I was gonna be charged extra due to it not being a bit of a rare car?

Cheers

Ollie

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
When I got my car off Lynny she had put a massive crack in the windscreen and had it sorted through her insurance but it took over a month before the glass people were ready for me to go in with it, so i think they got a windscreen from japan.
Don't think she had to shell out extra though. You can always search her and send her a pm.

Reaction score
Country
I had mine replaced last week actually, rang my insurance company who transferred me to the windscreen company they were getting to carry out the work. The guy said "oh god is that a Japanese import?? because that'll cost ya" I said sure my insurance will cover it but then found out they only cover the first €500 and I have to pay the excess.. The guy proceeded to tell me that he replaced one of those a few years back and it cost €1200 for just the screen.. This is when I start to panic! I don't exactly have €700+ to throw around, but he told me he would ring around a few places see if anyone had one in stock.. Left me hanging for over 2 hours! Finally got back to me with and the screen was €476 fitted! Job done now, shiny new screen! Even got a new disc holder and a pen out of it! :cool:

Reaction score
Country
I think I remember Apex Performance were going to have some made at one point, so it should be easy to get one now if they did.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
breaking s15?
Buy a donor and make your dream build!

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, think I've sorted this now, rang up admiral, who insure me and they put me through to auto windscreens I believe and they seem to think they can get one to me and fitted this Saturday, so less than a week, not convinced its going to be the right screen yet mind! £70 excess.

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Its admiral I'm with and they were super efficient and an hour or so later they had it fitted at my work :) so they are pretty damn good! Was kinda shocked!