What's new

Whats peoples views on this?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, going to look at this S15 tomorrow. Already viewed it on the ramps and i must say its spotless underneath, real fresh import not registered yet paintwork is immaculate and so is the engine bay.

Its the exact spec i want and the mods sound pretty good, just want some advice on the mods if there any good and if its looks genuine.

http://www.fastcarstore.com/NISSAN_SILVIA_SPEC_R.php

Just be looking at putting the aero kit on it, better alloys and just general mods. Just want a good ground to start on.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
The advert is rubbish! Anything with that spec has been driven hard, like a typeR owner saying "hardly vtec'd"! Am I tired or is there not a price on it?!

How much is it? How many miles?! Why is the spoiler black?!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Price is 10,995, dropped it to 10k as thats all i was willing to pay. Miles is 67km, I know its probably been driven hard but any performance car is, reason we buy them. He just put the black spoiler on to match the wheels but has the standard colour one which iv requested to be put back on.

Just wondering with the spec and fresh import, is 10k reasonable?, does look immaculate.

Jay

Reaction score
the advert did seem to be written by someone who knows little about these cars. but saying that, it looks like a nice clean example, if a little overpriced. but thats forecourt pricing for you!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ sums it up perfectly.

Reaction score
Country
I brought mine from fast car and they were a really good bunch of guys! Hom is the one who deals with the cars and he is German so struggles a little with his English hence the adverts lol! However he is really knowledgable and won't mess you around, or sell you a "bad egg"

However it does seem a high price for a "non-aero" generally if it has a stock body, its the aero models that fetch that kind of money + some depending on mods. I would try and get him down a little bit more. However if it is mint it maybe worth the extra money over some of the rustier models you find for sale :(

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Standard intercooler at the moment, everything seemed spot on and compared too some i have viewed it is spotless. Well we agreed on £10,000 does that seem okay considering the mods, age, miles?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Standard intercooler at the moment, everything seemed spot on and compared too some i have viewed it is spotless. Well we agreed on £10,000 does that seem okay considering the mods, age, miles?
Not sure how well that would cope with a HKS GT-RS as that's a 400bhp turbo :) Ant form of engine management on it, bigger injectors/afm etc?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I am a bit in the unknown what to do with the turbo, What supporting mods are needed to make it safe? or am i better of taking it off and selling?

As for driving it everything was fine was around 0.8 when accelerating gently then went to about 1bar when giving it a bit of power. No smoke or flat spots

Sound okay?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Might was to ask them why there is duck tape on the breather pipe coming off the rocker cover? I think its duck tape anyway from the picture :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey buddy I'm also from Shropshire!!

Had an S15 for 3.5 years and kinda did the reverse to most people and now have an S14 lol :wack:

I was gonna say stick with well know S15 importers like Torque GT or JM Imports but if Sam has purchased from these guys then at least you have a recommendation on here and I know Sam's a fussy bugger haha :D :p

Reaction score
Country
What I would say is, if you can hold on a few weeks a friend of mine from Tegwia has brought a completely stock S15 Aero in Pewter and it is been shipped from Japan as we speak. I know it's a grade 4 and from what he has said its a minter! I would hold out for that one personally just for the fact it is in touched and an aero! They are situated not far from you so wouldn't be a bad idea to give them a ring first :)

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/contact_us.php

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi james, probably know me a little bit i use to own that white Glanza V went up to the manchester meet and parked next to you in your Stagea. Also was on the stand at japfest last year? Josh wenlock. Remember your blue S15 you are the reason I am getting one haha!

Well probably sounds strange but I'm not overly keen on the s15 aero look plus i like the gun metal colour :/ wanted the vertex kit. But after been on here been down again done tonnes of searching all over it, everything seems in order and its in mint condition! everything seems legit and the mods on it are perfect! He's also adding the silver spoiler for me.

Roughly from what i have seen its got...
HKS GT RS Turbo.
HKS Turbo Actuator.
Defi Gauges
Tubular Stainless Header Pipes.
HKS HIPERMAX D Adjustable Suspension with Rear 'parcel shelf' Adjusters. (Brand new looking)
CUSCO Adjustable Front Tension Rods.
HKS Hardpipe Kit.
HKS Induction Kit.
Helical Diff
Oil Cooler with EARLS Braided Hoses.
NISMO Spec Pro Exhaust System.
SARD Quick Change Oil Filter Assembly.(basically relocated to an easy place)Kenwood CD Flip Head Unit.
Genuine Silvia Luxury Mats.
Nissan Tinted Wind Deflector
Yellow Injectors been told 555cc?? is that true?
Z32 MAF
Uprated side mount intercooler

It seems fine when driving like i said was around 0.8 and held at 1bar when shifting, no knocks, squeaks or leaks. He had it up on ramps when i got there and let me look around the whole under neath which was spotless. Im worried 10k is a lot but considering most the mods add up too about 3k it seems a good deal with it being low miles and 2001. Oh and the tape is some sort of heat protector got a foil feel to it lol.

Soooo paid a £300 deposit :D

Jay

Reaction score
with those mods on a standard ecu, the car wouldnt run! ergo there must be some form of engine management. one of the first things i would do is find out what management its running, then ditch the side mount for a good front mount, then get it on some rollers to find out how its running and map it accordingly.

there are 2 ways to go here. either go for the modded car and tinker to make sure everything is spot on and safe, or go for a standard car and have the work done yourself, to your standards. buying a car with an attractive spec list is tempting, but unless you know the history its always going to be a punt. £10k is a shed load of cash to be punting.....

whatever you chose to do, i hope you have a long and very enjoyable ownership of one of the best jap cars out there. good luck!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well first thing i was going do is take it down to my local Nissan tuning place and get them to check it. I understand where your coming from Jay i keep thinking 10k on a 2001 car is crazy :/ but i know if i get a standard one it will take me ages to do the mods as i put most my money into holidays also 1999 ones are going for around the 7-9k mark. Say if something was to go wrong would it be a simple case of selling the mods and putting to standard?

I have owned a heavily tuned colt before which was pushing out 235bhp from a 1.5 turbo so use to tuned cars i just want to be sure the engine will not pop with these type of mods?

When you say engine management do u mean uprated ECU or remap?