What's new

Whats peoples views on this?

Reaction score
Country
i think he means a standalone ECU system, as in taking out the standard ECU completely and putting in an aftermarket one. with that list of mods with a standalone management system you would get the cars full potential unlocked

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
So it should have that now then i assume with all them mods? Like i said it ran spot on no jerkiness or flat spots and no knocking.

So excited to get it! love the shape of the S15s and the stance this one has makes it uber sweet! So if i do get it part from getting it checked out the next mod ideally should be the FMIC?

Reaction score
Country
So it should have that now then i assume with all them mods? Like i said it ran spot on no jerkiness or flat spots and no knocking.

So excited to get it! love the shape of the S15s and the stance this one has makes it uber sweet! So if i do get it part from getting it checked out the next mod ideally should be the FMIC?
Yeah it would sorta have to, as any standard ECU with those sort of mods would make the car run rough as it would recognise there are some irregularities and run "safe". But your local tuner should be able to confirm that!

Yeah a FMIC would be a great addition, it would allow you to take advantage of the mods already taken!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well will check all this out before i hand the cash across, ordered the FMIC and going to get it fitted before i take it to the tuners.

Reaction score
Country
What I would say is, if you can hold on a few weeks a friend of mine from Tegwia has brought a completely stock S15 Aero in Pewter and it is been shipped from Japan as we speak. I know it's a grade 4 and from what he has said its a minter! I would hold out for that one personally just for the fact it is in touched and an aero! They are situated not far from you so wouldn't be a bad idea to give them a ring first :)

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/contact_us.php
Who's just bought one dude? I know Johnny & Luke well, Luke imported my S15 for me! (he was my 'go between' and i did the rest)

Jay

Reaction score
Well first thing i was going do is take it down to my local Nissan tuning place and get them to check it. I understand where your coming from Jay i keep thinking 10k on a 2001 car is crazy :/ but i know if i get a standard one it will take me ages to do the mods as i put most my money into holidays also 1999 ones are going for around the 7-9k mark. Say if something was to go wrong would it be a simple case of selling the mods and putting to standard?

I have owned a heavily tuned colt before which was pushing out 235bhp from a 1.5 turbo so use to tuned cars i just want to be sure the engine will not pop with these type of mods?

When you say engine management do u mean uprated ECU or remap?
when you say something going wrong, i assume you mean like losing your job or the missus preggers with triplets! but in that case then assuming you have the standard parts, its relatively easy to return to standard.
as for the engine management then im refering to the ecu. this car has definately either a stand alone or piggy back chip (such as NIStune), because as previously stated, the car would simply not run, or run so rough that it would be undriveable with the spec list you have given. find out what ecu it has, then once the front mount is on, give the car to a reputable mapper who knows the system to thoroughly check everything is ok. with a safe map you should have no problems from the engine with those mods.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yes sorry just basically mean is it a simple case to take of mods put original back on. Thanks for your help Jay, will check on the ECU.

Reaction score
What I would say is, if you can hold on a few weeks a friend of mine from Tegwia has brought a completely stock S15 Aero in Pewter and it is been shipped from Japan as we speak. I know it's a grade 4 and from what he has said its a minter! I would hold out for that one personally just for the fact it is in touched and an aero! They are situated not far from you so wouldn't be a bad idea to give them a ring first :)

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/contact_us.php
cheers for the comment mate, i will be advertising the S15 i have coming over when i have a date of arrival!! if anyone is interested in buying a stock pewter with full aero kit let me know!!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
For me Jay has it bang on. A modified car when you can guarantee* the treatment and attention is always worth the money(Craig's for example). Otherwise take the learning curve and do the expensive work yourself, i'm a year into buying a completely stock 15 and it's been a pain but i know where the cars at.

IMO if you have money burning a hole in your pocket the full aero pewter is well worth waiting for if as described. In case you havent seen the threads the front bumper alone will cost you up of 900 quid. The rear spats are over 500.