What's new

advice....

Reaction score
Country
..right need some advice please

new to the world of nissan, i would like to know what rough figures the sr20det with stock internals can take safely.
currently @ 325bhp 350lb ft

understand that is the gearbox limit torque wise

my gearbox is whining and i want it sorted, i know most go on for years but it drives me nuts. now i could just get it refurbed and put it back in but, if i wanted to increase the power at all in the future it wont take it. what are my options with uprating the gearbox. the only requirement is i keep the 6 speed. can you rebuild with better sets? replace the whole thing with something like a PPG box? get another 6 speed from another nissan?

on the other hand no point uprating if the next stage power wise is an engine rebuild because im on internal limits.

hope i have got my point across and someone with some knowledge can help me out

Cheers

Reaction score
PPG,dont do it, those that I know who have gone down that path have all regreted it. If you stick with your 325bhp and still want your 6 speed then I can recommend either the Nismo gear set or the more expensive option the Nismo cross mission gear box ( which I have fitted)

If you ramp up the power your only real options are the RB25 box or the Z32 conversion.

If you must have a 6 speed and money is no option the the Hollinger 6 speed.............yessss

Reaction score
Country
cheers bud. ok PPG a no then. yeah the big problem i have is that money is an option! so whatever i decide i need to save and stick to. if i increase power i would only do it if it was some more "bolt on" mods, don't really want to go down the route of uprating internals.
how much further can i go without doing that???

cheers

Jay

Reaction score
some in the sxoc have pushed the engine to 400 with just bolt on parts. not sure i would recommend it though

Reaction score
Country
im sure i cant get much more out of it, don't wanna go too mental, love to get it over 300 at the wheels.

Reaction score
With stn internals I wouldn't want to push more then 350-400 bhp from a SR.

As for gearbox,
To keep it 6 speed and make it nice and solid have a look in to fitting a Z33 gearbox out of a 350z.
There is loads of info on the conversion and you can even buy kits now.

Jay

Reaction score
a decent stage 3 set up will see 300 at the wheels but will be pushing the gearbox at its topmost limits, so expect a standard one to go bang after not so long. as with everything in the modified world, it depends on how deep your pockets are as to how reliable the end product is. from standard to a reliable stage 3 can run to a good few thousand, more when you factor brakes, suspension etc.