What's new

automatic to manual? HELP!!!!

N

nissan_silvia_s15

Wel guys i have an automatic S15. I want to convert her to manual. Has anyone done this? is it hard? are the gearbox mountings different? is the clutch hydraulic or cable? and is it do-able? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Country
I can answer the last question - Yes. My car was auto to manual converted by a previous owner. Have no idea how or what it's running though

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You'll need:
Clutch master cylinder and pedal assembly
Clutch line and slave cylinder
Clutch/flywheel/flywheel bolts
Gearbox and shifter and all bell housing bolts
Gearbox cross member
Propshaft (front half at least)

I think that's everything, it would be far cheaper and easier to get hold of and fit s14 parts instead of s15, but be aware the boxes and shifters, bellhousing bolts, cross members, prop front halves, flywheels and bolts are all different between the two...

Reaction score
I have done the conversion and as Dean said you will need all of the above. I changed a few other things which are not essential but made the car more of a manual conversion for me. They were, manual diff,manual cluster, Power FC, alloy radiator to get rid of the auto one which uses the lower half for transmission cooling.

Reaction score
It is, but you can still use it in the conversion as the auto tranny ECU is a piggy back unit

Last edited:
N

nissan_silvia_s15

Thanks for all the advice lads. Will I have to do any welding with the manual box or do the mountings match up?? I've located all the parts but they are from an s14, 5speed manual. should this be ok?

About the radiator and ECU, should I change them to be on the safe side? My idea is to have her converted to manual and turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Oh, so now its also a non turbo and and auto...........I would sell it as is and by a turbo manual.You will still have more money in your pocket then doing a manual and turbo conversion

N

nissan_silvia_s15

the only reason why I want to do this is because the shell is immaculate, no rust whatsoever underneath, never been crashed. i got her with only 28k miles on the clock genuine. buddy took off the rocker cover to paint it and all he saw was stainless steel no stained oil or nothing. She's like she's rolled out of the factory inside. If you lift the mat, its like new, no dirt, no dried in muck etc. And being honest I would be doing bit by bit as funds are tight so for me I'm willing to do it this way.

Reaction score
I would do the manual conversion first, cheaper option of the 2 and it will make the car feel more fun even as an NA

N

nissan_silvia_s15

thanks mate. will be pricing up the bits and bobs over the next few days

Last edited by a moderator: