What's new

No i don't bloody drift!!!!

Reaction score
Christ what is it with people I am just starting to stripdown my S15 ready for the epic clean up repaint and fit all my new parts. And even my neighbours who don't ever seem to leave the street ask me if I 'do that drifting lark' FFS NO! I half expect it from the folk at meets and stuff but my bloody decrepit neighbours are at it now.. Drifting is for mugs who can't drive but want to impress schoolgirls and think they are a driving hero and have unhealthy addiction to fixing things with cable ties.

Rant over folks.. I'm off back in the garage to treat an S-body Nissan properly and restore it to better than new condition without a cable tie in sight..

Reaction score
Country
Drifting is for people who can't drive?

Lucky I can't drift then. I always liked to think I was a good driver

Reaction score
Country
Drifting is for mugs who can't drive but want to impress schoolgirls and think they are a driving hero and have unhealthy addiction to fixing things with cable ties.
Not sure where you get that idea from?

Takes a lot of skill to properly drift a long sweeping corner at 100mph+ not to mention linking transitions and twinning with other cars as less than an inch away sometimes..

I'd love for you to go up to the guys in d1nz or BDC and say they can’t drive.

Obviously drifting is not to everyone’s taste and obviously some people prefer to race their car, some people prefer to just clean their car and leave it parked up...it’s all personal preference but you can’t say it’s for mugs and that they can’t drive..

Jay

Reaction score
i also get tired of the "do you drift it much then" comments. whilst i appreciate the skill and spectacle of drifting at competition levels, its far too destructive on a road car that i have spent huge monies on. im not a scaredy cat, and regularly give the car the heavy right foot (on private land of course), but wont take the risks involved with sideways action on the roundabouts.

Reaction score
Country
Not sure where you get that idea from?

Takes a lot of skill to properly drift a long sweeping corner at 100mph+ not to mention linking transitions and twinning with other cars as less than an inch away sometimes..

I'd love for you to go up to the guys in d1nz or BDC and say they can’t drive.

Obviously drifting is not to everyone’s taste and obviously some people prefer to race their car, some people prefer to just clean their car and leave it parked up...it’s all personal preference but you can’t say it’s for mugs and that they can’t drive..
PREACH!

I can't understand how you think 'drifitng' doesn't require skill? to drive a rwd on the limit, there is always an element of 'drift'. controlling the rear end under power/at high speed. so the reality is quite the opposite to your statement.

I can understand that the S15/all S-Body's are viewed as drift cars, so people i.e. your neighbors in question, would link your to it, which could be quite annoying to some.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Driftings awesome and it took me hours and hours of practice to start getting the hang of it let alone develop any skill to do it properly.

Problem is nowadays there are to many chavs with 200's that like to hang the back end out on roundabouts which gives the sport a bad name. Theres a huge amount of skill, money and balls that goes into drifting properly so thats a pretty stupid sweeping statement to make imo. Between me and my other half we have spent hours turing our bog standard s13 into a decent car and the only time its held together with cable ties is to get it on the truck and home. Otherwise there's hours of labour making sure everything is set up, working and safe.

plus, there's no bigger adrenaline rush than hitting a corner on full chat and sending the car sideways. Beats grip days hands down for me.

Reaction score
It was a light hearted comment guy's I know it takes skill to drift anyone who drives would know that.. It just has no appeal to me in any way. It was more the fact that people think S-bodies are built for drift they are not they are just an ideal platform for the sport. Calm down now folk's it was another victim of the pit falls of forums again, written word and spoken word can be took in so many ways usually the wrong way. happy drifting boys n girls.. I must be getting old I guess..lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm not a fan either. S-body's can make very good track cars I they are set up properly. I've got so much rear end grip it's actually difficult to slide, and that's how I like it.

:)

Oh, and 10/10 for controversial opening post!!

Reaction score
Country
I guess I can emphasis with yourself, having a Honda Civic I ALWAYS get VTEC y0/VTEC much lad comments everywhere I go lol

It can get quite mundane quickly lol

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I picked this username on the SXOC back in '03 when drifting was still cool :nod: :D

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Noticed a few mistakes so I fixed it for ya

Fasthands said:
Christ what is it with people I am just starting to stripdown my S15 ready for the epic clean up, repaint and fit my new big turbo for some fun track action. And even my neighbours who don't ever seem to leave the street ask me if I 'do that drifting lark' FFS YEA LOV IT! I expect it from the folk at meets and stuff but my sweet neighbours did surprise me.. Drifting is for pros who can drive on the edge but don't want to impress schoolgirls doing doughnuts and think they are a driving hero. They also have a healthy addiction to fixing things with cable ties & duct tape.

Rant over folks.. I'm off back in the garage to treat an S-body Nissan properly and restore it to better than new condition by turning it into a spec R with the turbo

Reaction score
Country
I picked this username on the SXOC back in '03 when drifting was still cool :nod: :D
Sometimes I feel like a dick with my name but I chose it when Need for Speed Underground 1 came out. That's where it all started for me :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I get fed up with young mongs that say things like 'if that was mine I'd be raggin it, doing donuts and drifting it' theres little wonder why they are all crashing and rolling thier 1.2 corsas and can't get insured on anything more... Also I try explaining to them (if I can be bothered) that firstly the car wouldn't look the way it does if I did that and secondly that if yu do that sort of thing you'll either break it or go through 200 worth of tyres every five minutes, but to be honest most of the time I think I'd be better off talking to a packet of quavers, more intelligence in a bag of those....

Reaction score
Country
I'm not a fan either. S-body's can make very good track cars I they are set up properly. I've got so much rear end grip it's actually difficult to slide, and that's how I like it.

:)
Tried clutch kicking on a wet roundabout?

Oh wait it doesnt get driven in the wet does it! :p

Reaction score
Country
When I first got my 15, i crashed it within 1hr. I pushed the car around the corner, unknowing that the back end actually slides that easily. After a big repair bill i have put on 18 inch rears and decide to learn the drifting so i can better control the car. I just think if u dont really push the car or only put your foot down on straight roads, probably not enjoying the car to the max... Whether track or road or drift, i think learning to drift is kind of a must for RWD cars, to control and to learn the limit of the machine, and when over the limit, to learn to control. Just my 2c.