What's new

No i don't bloody drift!!!!

Reaction score
I get asked it on a regular basis as my car is parked outside our workshop a lot of the time (I actually got asked it today). My usual response is, ''would you drift a car that clean!''. I don't drift my S15, infact I can't even claim that I can drift as I don't attempt it. I do like to watch it and wouldn't mind learning how to do it, but would much rather do in something ready to be scrapped than ruin a clean car.

Jay

Reaction score
im the same as this ^^ i cant drift, and dont try to claim so. a car that has cost soooo much in both money and time to get looking good, is not the car i would want to learn in.

Reaction score
Country
I get fed up with young mongs that say things like 'if that was mine I'd be raggin it, doing donuts and drifting it' theres little wonder why they are all crashing and rolling thier 1.2 corsas and can't get insured on anything more... Also I try explaining to them (if I can be bothered) that firstly the car wouldn't look the way it does if I did that and secondly that if yu do that sort of thing you'll either break it or go through 200 worth of tyres every five minutes, but to be honest most of the time I think I'd be better off talking to a packet of quavers, more intelligence in a bag of those....
Its due to those young mongs that yesterday whilst going through a cop check point, the kind where you drive up to and they normally just check to see if you vehicle is registered and warranted, mine was, but due to the type of car and the dicks that half arse put them together and dont have anything legal on them that i got a good going over by a couple of cops. After there check over, noticing that everything was up to scatch and certified and that i even have a current drivers license and have not lost it for some reason, i mentioned to the cop that "Im not a 18year old with no clue, and since my cars all legit can i go now".... responce "COP: Just you keep it that way"...... i just shook my head and drove off

Reaction score
Country
Its due to those young mongs that yesterday whilst going through a cop check point, the kind where you drive up to and they normally just check to see if you vehicle is registered and warranted, mine was, but due to the type of car and the dicks that half arse put them together and dont have anything legal on them that i got a good going over by a couple of cops. After there check over, noticing that everything was up to scatch and certified and that i even have a current drivers license and have not lost it for some reason, i mentioned to the cop that "Im not a 18year old with no clue, and since my cars all legit can i go now".... responce "COP: Just you keep it that way"...... i just shook my head and drove off
Yea I hate that too. I've been checked out by the NZ police THREE TIMES, and get this, WHILST PARKED AND THE ENGINE TURNED OFF. Two out of those three they actually turned their lights on and parked up behind me just to make it more of an embarrassment. I've never had a ticket or accident in my life and all of a sudden just because of the car I drive they think I'm up to no good.

Reaction score
I get asked it on a regular basis as my car is parked outside our workshop a lot of the time (I actually got asked it today). My usual response is, ''would you drift a car that clean!''. I don't drift my S15, infact I can't even claim that I can drift as I don't attempt it. I do like to watch it and wouldn't mind learning how to do it, but would much rather do in something ready to be scrapped than ruin a clean car.

That about sums it up perfectly, with drift it's not if you crash it's when.. With a bit of a squeeze on the throttle now and then it's pretty much the other way around. And with BBS or Ray's rims it's not like I can go to Crediton and grab another Rota rim of the shelf after Iv'e stove'd one into the curb. And the cost of tyres these days I'd rather spend my money on building my car with quality parts rather than cheap stuff because my spare cash is been shredded every few weeks, which is what I would have to do. Each to their own I suppose..

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Thats worth an OMG! That's insane craig! Credit for keeping it that clean! Even the bolts look brand new!

I do kind of just want to rub my oily finger all over it though, just to make me feel better, and less jelous!

Reaction score
Country
Mine did look like this -

But its not that clean anymore :p I dont plan on eating dinner off mine though..

Stil no rust though!

Reaction score
New Nismo bits.jpg
I am hoping mine looks this good soon I had all this lot delivered from RHDjapan yesterday.. All Nismo arms, Blitz Radiator, Nismo subframe and diff bushes, Nismo thermostat and oil filter. then Whiteline ARB's from Camskill, Ebay fan shroud. I have just about finished my ARC intercooler install (custom pipework). I will start a build thread soon as it's getting stripped down entirely and minted up..