What's new

imoprting into the US

Z

Z-s15

hey im new to the forum and i have a few questions that so far no one has really been able to answer for me but someone said that this was a good forum and that some people on here would know.....

1.i live in the US and i want to import an s15 for road use can i do that?
2.how much will it cost me to import a s15 into the US?
3.Are there any bimta importers that will import from japan to US?
4.If not then who should i use to import the car?
5.how long will it take to get the car into the US and then from there how long will it be until i'm driving it?

thanks for your time

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Z-s15 said:
hey im new to the forum and i have a few questions that so far no one has really been able to answer for me but someone said that this was a good forum and that some people on here would know.....

1.i live in the US and i want to import an s15 for road use can i do that?
2.how much will it cost me to import a s15 into the US?
3.Are there any bimta importers that will import from japan to US?
4.If not then who should i use to import the car?
5.how long will it take to get the car into the US and then from there how long will it be until i'm driving it?

thanks for your time
Hi and welcome :wave: .

We don't have many US forum members on here and importing is a different process for every country.
It took me several weeks to figure out how to bring one to Sweden for me.

But what I've read on www.freshalloy.com is that the S15 can't be imported to the US.
There are companies which can get plates on them, but they can't be federally legalized.

Recently there was a thread on nissansilvia.com regarding this matter.
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/Importing-to-the-USA-t188889.html

To answer some of the question.

I think BIMTA is for the UK market only.
But there are loads of car export companies in Japan who can export a vehicle to anyplace you like.
They usually take care of everything on the japanese side. So you only have to collect at the port of your choice and deal with your import procedure.
You could also choose a company in the US to import the car for you. Make sure that they have some kind of guarantee on the car or else don't bother.
They will just be a middle-hand taking money from you without doing anything.

I used a Japanese company called GBautotrader in Japan (listed in the importers section on this forum). The owner is a very nice guy and takes pride in his work.
Only JAAI authorized dealers are allowed to bid at the auctions if you want to get your car from one of those (which is the main source of used car-buying in Japan)

As for shipping time, I have no idea. It took about 6 weeks to get my car from Japan to the UK. Getting it to the states should be quicker.

But first research if the S15 can be imported at all to the US.
I'm afraid it can't be done unless shedding out huge amounts of money.
But try searching on freshalloy.com
I'm sure I've seen a thread there regarding this matter with some very informative posts in it.

Good luck :thumbs: