What's new

Power too much?

S

s15hasdaflu

Hey guys, i think im ready to purchase my s15 after having money sitting there for 2 months, just waiting for correct car, just wanted to see what you guys think, and if i need to change- head, pistons, cams for what other mods its got, or is it fine.
Will be a daily driver/weekend (fun drift).

E Boost controller
T29 ball bearing turbo
Custom manifold and exhaust system.
Custom made tripple plate clutch with lightened flywheel.
Fuel regulator with 550 HP fuel pump.
Hal Tech E8 computer.
Heavy duty sports suspension
Cold air intake
Front mount intercooler all silicon plumbing
Making 245RWKW on a very safe tune.
Cheers guys

Reaction score
T29 turbo???? I think you need to check that one. If you want it as a daily driver,a tripple plate clutch and heavy duty???????? sports suspension will do you no favours.

S

s15hasdaflu

They are the specs straight from seller, so im not sure bud. Maybe will ask him for detailed mod list.
Not worried about bumpyness haha, i will be changing suspension asap.
My second choice is as listed below but $9,000 over my limit:
Main Engine Mods
-Wiseco Forged Pistons
-ARP Main Head Studs
-Brian Crower 270 Intake & Exhaust Cam
-Tomei Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear
-Tomei Full Metal Race Head Gasket
-Full New Nissan Gasket Set
-Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors
-Custom high mount exhaust manifold (Ceramic Coated)
-Garett GT3071R Turbo (Ceramic Heat Coated)
-Tial External waste gate with plumbed in screamer pipe
-ARE Front Mount Intercooler
-KoyoRad Radiator
-HKS Ssqv BOV
-60mm Throttle Body
-Splitfire Coil Packs
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-4" Stainless Intake pipe with K&N pod filter

Exhaust and Driveline
-Full 3" Turbo back exhaust (Ceramic Coated)
-High flow Cat
-Stainless Steel Trust Exhaust
-Standard 6sp Manual Transmission
-Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch

ECU & Electronics
-Apexi PowerFC with hand controller
-Apexi AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller

Reaction score
That might be more but it has a more realistic build list. I would believe 295KW with that set up and it would have cost twice as much as 9K.

I would say that first car only has a T28 turbo and with those mods it would be lucky to be over 220KW. Even then the turbo would be maxed out

S

s15hasdaflu

alright, cheers mate.
Thanks for the opinion. seems the only two threads i post on your the only one to write on them haha.
Might go the second option, which is $29000AUD excluding interstate shipping. unless the first one can produce a document showing mods.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
That first list looks like it has been written by a spanner who doesn't know their own car. The 2nd list is much better and makes alot more sense to me :nod:

Reaction score
alright, cheers mate.
Thanks for the opinion. seems the only two threads i post on your the only one to write on them haha.
Might go the second option, which is $29000AUD excluding interstate shipping. unless the first one can produce a document showing mods.
3 years of owning an S14 and 8 years owning an S15 would hopefully give me a litle bit of knowledge of SR's :) Happy to help

S

s15hasdaflu

Only problem with the second one is the standard 6 speed box - i can't see it putting up with that much power for long....
So if i were to drive it with the 6 speed,
inevitably its going to obviously **** itself, will it cause further damage to any other parts of the engine?
Also what should i put in it, have about $2000AUD to spare on gearbox if needed. will post a few pics of it if you.guys are keen.
have put a deposit on it, will be on my side of the country and driving by 1st June.

Reaction score
A popular and strong upgrade with the other guys I track with is the Z32 gearbox. The S14 is a cheaper straight bolt in option and will handle more power then the S15 stockie.

Clutch choice can also effect the longevity of any gearbox

Jay

Reaction score
i dont think the s14 g/b is any stronger than the 6 speed, its just more readily available and cheaper to buy. options are a ppg gearset, z32, or rb 'box. its also said that cryo treating will improve the strength of the 6 speed, but im not familiar with the process.

S

s15hasdaflu

so if only i thrash it, it will **** itself, or inevidably it will just go, and how long would it take? 393bhp @18psi.
also do you think i could use something like this as a daily driver (70-100km a day).
im so super excited.

Reaction score
Life of the box, well it depends on how you drive it,how much pressure that clutch puts on it and the condition of the box when you get it. When you get hold of it, drive it and see how it feels, then make a decision as far as daily driver.