What's new

Charlie V10 Dodge Viper power s15

Reaction score
Hi all, no doubt by now it has been heard that this has happend what i can say is that its true. I David Waterworth am the builder and driver of this car. Ten laps is all that i have driven this car for and what i can say is that i love it, the noise, torque just shear madness of the thing. I hope to do some more testing with the car after its shakedown from the first round of BDC, making some changes here and there with nothing like this being done before that i have found its upto me to make the right setup and see where we end up. Thanks to all who came to visit us in the pits and show how you loved the idea aswell as thats all i wanted to do, make something different and crazy that people would like to see.
Here are a few pics of charlie's build and other pics of the car should be along later, thanks again.
The begining:

Its in there:

Propshaft from Diemax Engineering:

Inside:

Exhaust box:

The aftermath:

More pics to follow from outside and pics from Teesside.
Thanks to my family, friends for support in building this car and to the following help i have recieved,
Arbroath Tarmacadam & sons,
Caelan Well Services,
Checkpoint Racing,
Demon Tweeks,
Diemax Engineering,
Driftworks,
EP Racing,
Marcin Auto Centre,
SM Engineering,

Reaction score
Country
having been in a viper, i totally agree with you one the noise & torque, and in a S15 brilliant!!

Reaction score
Country
that looks totally mental cant wait to see it in the flesh.Not much room left in that bay:thumbs: :eek: :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
You crazy sob lol
fair play I need to hear the noise!!!
dan@ db power was going to fit one of these in his s13 but gave up and bought a 240z instead glad someone went for it these engines sound insane

Reaction score
hi guys thanks for the support, this engine is from the dream car i have always wanted and put into the chassis i love most to drift with, so put that together and you get charlie:)
Vids will be sorted soon and extra pics, i have some more testing to do yet before it behaves similar to the s13.5 i had then i will be happy. The settings will have to be my own as this to me is the only one ever to be done to a drift car or even s15 for that:)

Reaction score
hi guys, just a quick update, testing has been going well with a few changes etc. I have to say i do love this setup so much more than the last chassis which was the 500hp s13.5. I am posting a quick vid of my first run at our local track, with a few more of these i think we will be ready to compete for real:)
http://youtu.be/5QAsqfQX-W4

Reaction score
Country
Quite simply stunning!

Amazing what you can do when you have the right skills and tools!...oh and money :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Awesome.... Looks a bit 'too' hairy for s chassis lol

Reaction score
its not money really worked out to being the same value as a buikt RB or SR i just went a different way. Car is feeling better each time i drive it, more testing to do but hopefully i have it fully up to speed and ready for norfolk. 4th gear, 5th gear here we come:)

Reaction score
That sounds so awesome, I never thought that I'd see that engine actually make it into a car as its swapped hands a few times. Well done and nice work!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Sounds soo good!! Epic work mate, hats off!

Did i mention i have one japfest stand ticket left?!

Reaction score
hi guys quick update, have been testing the car again and have to say its getting better and better. I have 4th gear going strong now on the small track at crail raceway and what a speed it is, its so fricking awesome. i have tried it now also on the big tack and am not going to use it on there again, with the spring rates i have now and how bumpy the track actually is i think i will be sticking to better surfaces. But again the speed ont there is crazy it keeps pulling all the gears through to 6th.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Country
Can't be that many of these in the UK, which means it was the very same one chasing me down on Knockhill the other weekend there. Terrifying and awe inspiring, didn't believe the engine till I saw it with my own eyes!

Good stuff!

GTuned

Reaction score
Country
Congratulations! I've been waiting more than 10 years to see this :) Although I always wanted to do it to an R33 GT-R, this is close enough :)

Awesome job! Cost is around a decently build RB, but it's way more reliable, roughly same dimensions and about the same weight. Now with the new Gen-III and Gen-IV packages from Mopar you can have 800hp fun right out of the box.. :)

Again, congrats.. It's a great feat :)

Guy
--
2005 SRT-10 SS
S15 Spec-R