What's new

Buying Advice?

Reaction score
Country
Hello, looking to get my S15 in June, and just wanting some buying advice, whether to buy one here or get one imported (know ill have to wait a bit longer) It's mainly to do with what I can get for my money, and having a car which I can say is mine, being 'built not bought' as if I buy a car thats been in the UK a reasonable amount of time, then it will already have mods done to it, and be known to loads of people at meets and on forums, I don't really wanna be in the situation of hearing 'hey nice car, isnt that *****'s old car' as id want to brand it as my own.

That all probably sounds a bit odd, but I know what I mean :p

So better to import a car?
I've heard good and bad things about various import companies, talking to Torque and JM-Imports about S15's at the moment and the prices for the miles they will approx have seem alright.

OR

Attempt to find a good car in the UK?
Looking at spending around £9-10K Max on the car, wouldnt mind engine mods if done properly, but bodywork is the first thing id want to make my own impression on.

Cheers for any input :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
There are loads of threads on the same topic, the search function works very well on here :thumbs:;
http://forum.s15oc.com/search.php?searchid=12129

Ultimately it comes down to you, if you are already concerned about buying a car that someone else over here has owned, then it looks like you have made your decision without anyone's input :)