What's new

Bit of information needed please on wheels

Reaction score
Country
I have orderd a set of rota GTR wheels for my s15, i was wondering will i need any spacers to clear the coilovers?? and if so what size?

the wheels are 18 x 9.5 all round

many thanks

dudley97

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You need to state the offsets mate, otherwise it's impossible to say ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Can depend on brand of coilovers but...

I ran 17 x 9.5 GTR's all round on my previous S15. IIRC the offset was +25. Needed spacers in the end so my guess is that there's no way yours will fit without touching the coilovers :(

Rears will be fine though... there's much more room so given the same width/offset you'll definitely be ok on the back :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
fitted 18x9.5 et30 at the weekend. Needed a 20mm spacer on the front, 225/40/18 tyres in order to clear the coilover.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
with 235 tyres and no camber yea, its running 3.5 deg camber on the front (think i could have got away with 2 tbh) and 2 deg on the back.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
the offset is +26 i do not understand offsets at all.... lol
Basically the lower number the offset i.e. going from +30 to +26 means the wheel will start to stick further out of the body (away from the car).

Going from +30 to +26 means your wheels are going to protrude from the arches 4mm more than a +30 offset wheel (given both wheels are the same width).

If this doesn't make sense do a Google search on offsets and there's some decent diagrams knocking about...