What's new

Tyres

Reaction score
How are they in the wet man?
They're great in the dry, just need a bit of heat in them, like most really. I was suprised how well they gripped in the wet, on a nice road I could get traction in third with them no bother but there were other occasions where I'd been on the m4 and I was breaking traction at nearly 100mph. The road conditions are so poor here its difficult to give an accurate gauge. I'll definitely be going back to the RSR though

Reaction score
With the price of tyres would you guys ever run part worns on your S15's?
I did once, and after going sideways across 4 lanes in the wet and hitting the gutter I realised that they had gone hard as they were nearly 8 years old.

If you do always check the date of manufacture, they could be approaching the end of their service life

Reaction score
Country
i run eagle F1s there new directional 5 version, its a upgrade from the long standing F1 GSD3, very good value for money for a weekend car,

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm intrigued, why wouldn't you use part worn tyres on the road?
For this exact reason

I did once, and after going sideways across 4 lanes in the wet and hitting the gutter I realised that they had gone hard as they were nearly 8 years old.

If you do always check the date of manufacture, they could be approaching the end of their service life
And you don't know the history of them. Tyres are the only thing keeping your car on the road - kind of worth spending a bit of money on and getting good ones IMO! You can have all the power you want and huge brakes but it's wasted if you have crap tyres.

Reaction score
Country
i took my 235 F1's off the back and put 195 cheap tires on stock 6" wheels for one purpose, shortly afterward that purpose was achieved

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I totally agree with Craig here I got falkens because at the time didn't have the money to spend , they are great for the money and beat sOme more expensive tyres IMO but once my car is all sorted I will be investing in some pilot sports or conti's again defo worth the extra money if you can afford it.
There is a really good tyre review website you should check out http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
What if you buy a new car though? That will have part worn tyres on it ;)

I would never actually buy part worn tyres for my cars though, I just wanted to be awkward :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha that's a bloody good point my civic had14 miles on it when I picked it up should have kicked up a fuss!!
you think they would have given me a new set ?????:wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What if you buy a new car though? That will have part worn tyres on it ;)
When I bought my Fabia it had budget tyres with different amounts of tread on each one, so was the perfect opportunity/excuse to have the wheels refurbished and new Pirelli P Zero Nero's all round :) The handling was genuinely so much better with fresh rubber.

Reaction score
Country
Ha ha that's a bloody good point my civic had14 miles on it when I picked it up should have kicked up a fuss!!
you think they would have given me a new set ?????:wack:
Haha I doubt it! I should have tried that when I got my fiesta too :D

When I bought my Fabia it had budget tyres with different amounts of tread on each one, so was the perfect opportunity/excuse to have the wheels refurbished and new Pirelli P Zero Nero's all round :) The handling was genuinely so much better with fresh rubber.
Fair enough! It's just that i have seen people before commenting about never having par worn tyres but when you mention buying a car they sort of fall over themselves. Lol

Going to look at an S15 today which has got Decent Bridgestones all round, very happy with that! :D

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/ < good site, seen a couple of reviews from them but hadn't spotted that they listed the tyres by type

Thanks for all the advice, have tried the T1R from Toyo. Backend feel's nice and grippy, will have to keep an eye on the front tyre's wear rate and swap them for the same. The backs were basicly slicks when i had them changed saturday

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Is a great site! Can't go wrong with proxies mate had them on my type r they were great just swapped front to back every few months coz they wear pretty quick!

Reaction score
Country
talking of tyres, I saw this on youtube and thought it was appropriate when buying new or part worns