What's new

Registering my S15 in the uk

Reaction score
Country
Hey Guys,

Just after a bit of advice, my car is from Ireland (Southern) and i have been trying to find out what i need to get it registered in the uk? I have already applied for the Import pack from the DVLA (taking its sweet ass time to arrive!), and since the car is over 10 years old and was registered in Ireland do i still have to take it for a SVA?

Thanks for your time.

T

Teg_dc2_r

If Im right you will need to get the car MOT'd first then fill out the relevant forms and hand them into the DVLA to which they will offer it a registration and tax disk alongside the replacement MOT paper.

The cost are only £55 to register but then the additional tax and mot costs

Correct me if i'm wrong! :nod:

Reaction score
Country
from what I recall you have to mot it on the chassis number then go down to the tax office with irish book and fill in about 4 forms the main one being v55 the other ones are stupid small ones then pay £55 to register the car and after that you have to stick 6-12 months tax on it thats you then just get plates made up and your on the road.

Edit; done some more research on local Northern Irish forums and apparently this is what you need;

V55/5
V25
VAT 414
2 forms of proof of address
Tax book
Certificate of insurance

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for the really late reply in this thread, i got it all sorted in the end, I had all of what Ali619 said is needed (and you need a MOT on the car), it was really easy to sort out, i had to pay in advance for the tax (6 or 12 months you decide) and the registration fee, once you gave the guy at the dvla all of the forms, a few days later i got a letter from the DVLA with a registration number on it, and a certificate to get the plates made up, then a week after that i got the log book (v5)! And no, you don't need need a inspection test from the dvla as the car is older than 10 years.

If anyone needs any help filling in their form just pm me and i will be happy to help!