What's new

Walbro Whine?

Reaction score
Country
Howdy.

I've had my walbro fitted about a year now, and i know you can hear it start up when you turn the ignition on, but when the engine is on, the sound is drowned out..

However,
I noticed the other day that you could hear a whine from outside the car when it was parked up (engine on). My exhaust is pretty quiet, and there is a definite whine coming from roughly where the fuel tank is underneath the car. Has anyone else heard this? It sounds like the same tone as the walbro, but just checking its not something else.

Cheers :)

GTuned

Reaction score
Country
Google "whinebro".. yes, it even has a name, and no, you're not alone!

Reaction score
Country
its the difference between metal gears inside compared to plastic, personally id rather metal & noise as you know its much stronger

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
not sure if mines a walbro but it makes a right racket! the walbro in my evo was never that loud.

Reaction score
Country
nismo are even louder, and bosch 044 are rather noisy too, but they are well known pumps so nothing to worry about

Reaction score
if you are worried about noise, check out the aeromotive stealth 11142, identical to the walbro in terms of fitting but quieter operation, can get them off ebay from usa :)