What's new

Rant about this country (Petrol related)

Reaction score
Country
Well I’m surprised there isn’t a thread already!

So last week when it all kicked off on Wednesday or Thursday I think it was..everyone decided the world was going to end or something and decided to brim their tanks! Meanwhile as this kicked off I was driving around on the red as I intended to fill up and the night it all kicked off :rolleyes: how unlucky!

So I get to Sainsbury’s and I’m met with a big que...no biggy il just wait, get closer and there is a sign which says 'NO SUPER' I’m thinking f#ck! my car is very low on petrol so I bite the bullet and just put normal 95ron in and intend on driving it very easy off boost until I can fill with super in a few days.

2 days later I need more fuel as I thought it would have died down a bit by then and I could return to normal...get to Sainasburys and its closed...no fuel! Drive 5 mins down the road to Esso and closed no fuel! I then have to drive quite far to the next nearest and guess what..once again put crappy 95ron in but this time i put £30 quids worth in encase this problem doesn’t fix itself soon.

So thanks to idiots in this country (both government and public) I’ve had a very stressful past few days buying petrol....It’s bad enough that people panic buy and use up all the petrol but when they start buying super because apparently everyone drives bloody evos its quite annoying!

Sucks having an S15 as a daily!

Anyone else suffer similar experiences last week?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have to admit, I joined the que and filled right up. I am 'on call' to 'react' to a strike and only had about 1/4 tank. Don't have an HGV licence yet though, and don't know where I may have to get to.

Prices take the piss though! Whoever said to fill jerry cans is a plank! Might have had a say in that lady buring herself, but who 1) takes petrol in the house and 2) decants it next to a lit stove! IMO, being a bit right wing, the tanker drivers who are holding the country to ransom need a slap, costing the country infinitely more than they ever hope to gain.

The way this country was run, and the buckets of cash handed out, since 97 was evidently unsustainable and this is what we get when governments decide to run down savings and borrow when the economy is growing, making a nice big boom (for popularity?) , but now a huge bust as the government does not have any funds to prop up the economy. I do have a rough idea of how these things work from doing Alevel economics :p showing my age.
I have been directly affected by MoD cuts and am seeing my service shrink to a shadow of it's former self. Thanks previous chancellor Gordon Brown for raping this country. You are a F****** idiot. 'No more boom and bust' my arse.

How is that for a rant

Reaction score
Country
The funniest thing about this country and petrol though is how much duty and tax we pay on fuel (say per gallon) compared to the likes of America.

Takes the p#ss!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had similar went to 8 different petrol stations before I found any petrol and then it was bp ultimate,ended up getting my civic and filling that up so I don't have to run th 15 on crap juice,have you thought about using an octane booster to make sure u don't damage anything???

Reaction score
Country
Should be okay for now with careful driving...slightly higher risk of det but with granny driving im hoping that wont be a problem.

If theres no super later this week then its 95 ron and booster lol!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am hoping there will be!they have started to refill stations round my way with diesel and unleaded so fingers crossed the v power won't be far behind! Only thing then is I bet loads of people will fill up for the bank holiday excursions too lol

Reaction score
Country
Join the club... I've refrained from ranting. I made a 410mile journey from work, to my home, with the red light on, 'petrol station hopping' to try to find some fuel. Couldnt in the end. not even 95. In the end I just parked it on my drive with an empty tank and had to send a runner with a jerrycan when somewhere had some in stock! NIGHTMARE. then after a phonecall with a snotty prick from Tesco, I found out their delivery time, and got there very soon after. Only for them to run out 3 hours later. Phone calls are the Key. Just pester them on the phones and eventually you'll get some useful info :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
What gets me is the all the old codgers going out and buying a full tank of fuel! I mean its not like they ****ing go anywhere!!!! apart from the garden centre and the supermarket! Stay at home and don't get in our way! simples!

Reaction score
Country
^ dont forget them filing up their jerrycans! But the likes of me and many others, who drive well over 1000 miles a month, need the fuel!

Reaction score
I haven't filled up yet, but I'll need to at some point this week. I just look at the these type of things that happen and think there's a lot of people lacking even the most basic intellect in the U.K.