What's new

MPG Thread

Reaction score
Country
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm obsessed with MPG figures on my car haha. Maybe its because its a daily drive and it gives me something to think about on a 360mile commute.

Either way, at present from a long economical commute, mine has peaked at:

27.97 MPG (Imperial Gallon at 4.546litres)

or

23.87 MPG (US Gallon at 3.785litres)

Wat does everyone else get? :)

Reaction score
Country
I Usually get between 22 and 28ish..

Atm im putting £45 in a week and getting anywhere between 150 and 210 miles depending how I drive and how much traffic there is.

Sometimes when I get boost cravings and have a play I might only manage 120 miles :(

S15's suck balls for a daily!

Reaction score
Country
Mine gets around 23-27, I think it had around 16mpg for a tank that included 80 miles on an airfield track day :)

I think I once got 30mpg driving off boost long journey on motorway sticking to around 70-80 but it the pumps may also have brimmed differently between the two fills - introducing error in my calculations.

I have a Primera GT (SR20 NA 148bhp) which CAN get close to 40mpg if you can somehow stay below 3k rpm but this is difficult to achieve because its a glorious engine to rev to the 7k limitter and the car is very rewarding if you push it hard - the chassis really gets a lot out of its luke-warm power levels, I normaly get 30-35mpg, below 30 if short local drives in colder weather.

Reaction score
Country
Jeez.. I heard that there wasn't much difference economy wise between spec r and spec s. I think I read it on here somewhere but I'm getting 45mpg on short trips (about 10 miles return) and much better with long journeys.. Obviously I'm lacking a Turbo but that's a big difference!
Even my boyfriends s14a gets 35-40mpg. He only drives it weekends and the odd day, has a very heavy right foot too!!

Reaction score
Country
35-40 with a heavy right foot?! Are those Irish calculations?! Jokes :) that's not bad atall if he is.
Ye it is.. Same way as "a f**k load" is a valid unit of measurement! :D
Ye he easily gets that.. It does better mpg than his daily driver Sports m celica!

Reaction score
I've never really calculated mine, but I could get pretty much 300 miles + out of a tank as I used to drive to Swindon to the other halfs place every weekend. 80 miles there, weekend driving 20 miles roughly, drive home 80 miles, 50 miles a week getting to work and home then drive back to Swindon the following week, another 80 miles and then I'd fill the car up on arrival. That's not miss daisy driving either.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'd say I get 320~ miles mixed driving, can't complain. Much better than my old 350Z.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
^^ that's what I thought! Dat old Irish bull...I mean... charm again! Ha ha! Sorry s15irl, I'm full of the Irish banter today!

How many miles to a tank does he do?

Reaction score
Country
roughly 300 miles to a tank, much much better than my old classic impreza :nod:

Reaction score
Country
He's never filled it up but got 385miles out of the last 50litres.. Which is 35.4mpg to my calculations. And again we live in the country side so no traffic at all, just lots of bendy roads.. :)

Reaction score
Country
Wow, so the S15 Spec Rs all seem similar then. I get 410 miles out of along economical drive, but thats running literally to an empty tank. Booting it i'l get 250miles. Running 0.9 boost without a remap :)

Cant believe the Spec-S and 14a are that good! insane!!

S

s15gt

i usually manage 26.1MPG best effort was 31MPG during a 400km run with no cold start. had just done a service and an oil treatment before hand.
installing an electric water pump and that promises a 4MPG gain in fuel economy.

Reaction score
Country
i usually manage 26.1MPG best effort was 31MPG during a 400km run with no cold start. had just done a service and an oil treatment before hand.
installing an electric water pump and that promises a 4MPG gain in fuel economy.
Electric water pump you say? Any photos? :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've looked at these in the past too. Many benefits over mechanical ones but quite a bit of work to install I believe.