What's new

Bought an S15!

Reaction score
Country
Hi, I'm finally officially part of the S15OC :) I picked up my S15 from Ireland on Wednesday, was a long drive back 6.5hrs... especially when we took a wrong turn in Wales and ended up on country lanes!

Here is the car:

The car came with some graphics on the drivers side and passenger side window, they came off whilst the car was on the boat on its way over! quite impractical to change lane, the spider on the bonnet is gone, and I'm slowly removing a lot of the graphics.

Spec here... http://www.drifted.com/feature-2/feature-kazama-s15/12892/

The 2 way diff took a bit of getting used to, doesn't like slow speeds, but the car handles as well as my GTR on roundabouts, its setup is superb, downside is the HKS Suspension is a little bit too hard for my liking, so going to put them up for sale shortly and replace them with a set of MeisterR coilovers with more forgiving spring rates.

It's got a 5 speed OS Giken gearbox, that feels like OEM. Only problem is the gearing, 3k rpm in 5th & I'm doing 70mph (not sure how that compares to your 6 speed setups), it needs a 6th gear for motorway journeys.

Fuel economy was suprisingly good did 1 and a quarter tank from Holyhead to SE London, much better than my last motor! Didn't come with a washer bottle, so ordered one, fitting it over the weekend to get my MOT sorted, get it registered over here and drive around.

Before you start, I've had the spider man jokes already.. lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Heard good things about the OS Giken gearbox, I know a few guys running them in the S14's. The std 6 speed wouldn't last long with it pushing 450bhp.

Have fun! :)

Reaction score
Country
This has been for sale for ages now so im hoping you got a good deal :nod:

Looks good and it will be interesting to see what you do to it!

Oh and get some vids up soon.

Reaction score
Country
Firstly wanted to say thanks for the kind comments! :)

It definitely wasn't the cheapest S15 on the market, but with the mods and the low mileage (60km ~ 37k miles) I knew I'd have to pay a premium. In terms of the modifications and the spec list, there is a lot there. Kazama Auto & Promode who built the car did a great job, it's even got a sticker in the window saying its car number 2, I presume car number 1, is the time attack car they built.

It is the Kazama Wide body, which has quite acute lines compared to the more softer BN sports / Blister kits (which I prefer to be honest).

Planned mods:
- MeisterR suspension (if I can't get the HKS suspension a bit more road friendly)
- Stock rear diff (keeping the 2 way for events)
- Reclining seats to replace the fixed back Recaros
- Remove BGW and replace with Dmax roof spoiler and boot lip
- Smoke/Change the rear lights, they look like they are straight out of Halfords under Max Power