What's new

Damn car insurance quotes :(

Reaction score
Country
So I'm currently with sky insurance who Matched last years shop around price of 1250 which I was happy with but now I'm 25 and with 4 yrs no claims its gone down by £90 which I find is ridiculous to be honest.ive only got 3 points which is a ms60 which I've been by a company it shudnt really effect my price .anyone know who to go to nowadays?im guna try a plan tomorow becuase last year they said if I was 25 it would of been around the £600 mark.any help would be much appreciated :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Mines 630 with Admiral!? 24, 4yr no claim. There's a massive Insurance thread about on here too!

Reaction score
Country
I'm pretty sure on a
Price comparison site admiral quoted me like £1400 and I'm 25 it's a proper joke it's like they pull there prices out of a hat to be honest.i got 3 points but it's gone 3 years so they shouldn't count now.yeah I posted on there but someone replied with this was posted ages ago so seemed pointless to me :/

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Try their website on its own might get more luck?
Think i might be in a random lucky postcode saying that. My Mrfq-340 evo was only 1400 and I was 22! Plus my car is relatively standard compared to most, either that or they think its a spec-s.... :rant:

Reaction score
Country
yeah true the postcode never helps but isnt that bad where i live to be honest haha.think i might call sky an demand why they have given such a crummy renewal :mad:

Reaction score
Sky actually increased my premium last year for.my renewal by £100 so I switched to Adrian Flux and now pay £830 I think it was. I'm 26, 6 years no claims (i think) and all mods declared, which there's quite a few of. I always shop around come renewal time because you'll always get it cheaper from somewhere else, I've never stayed with the same company two years on the run.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Flux just qouted me 610 as a second car with 3 years ncd, i was bitterly dissappointed as about 3 weeks ago one of thier guys qouted me 450 but i lost the reference... My type r is due soon so im going to take both cars to one company at once and see what they can do....

Reaction score
Country
Give Mark Richards a ring did me a good deal you will find the number in the back of banzi mag

Reaction score
Admiral or Bell are great. They smashed all my other quotes out of the water this year. It helps if you add people onto your insurance with them as it seems to lower the quote quite dramatically.

Reaction score
Country
Il give admiral and bell ago then and that guy in the back of banzai .manage to get it down to 955 at the moment but still annoyed its that high.

Reaction score
Country
Pace ward?never heard of them but il look it up cheers :).keith michaels cudnt beat the 955 but said to ring a plan and tell them they did by a little to get it down more surely it shudnt be this hard .anyway found a shed load of numbers in the banzai magazine so guna ring them today and pace ward :)

Reaction score
Country
Right well a plan quoted me £955 then pace ward quoted me £923 vine cover said they can do it under £900 but can't give me a definite price unless I take it on the day and I'm awaiting another quote from 1 business private cars .still not happy but what can I do lol .

Reaction score
Country
Just to warn a everyone of a few company's 1 is vine cover they told me they would ring me back on the due date and would get it under £900 they never rang back so I called them and all of a sudden they can't touch me so don't waste your time on them and 1 business car insurance who haven't rang me back 4 times .clearly time wasters .pretty fed up with it all if I'm honest .pace ward have been the lowest at £923 but I'm guna haggle to £900.damn insurance haha

Reaction score
Country
Id go back to Sky with your lower quote. Can't hurt to see if they can beat it. Assuming you haven't already done this.
Helps to speak to someone keen for the sale too. That goes for all insurance companies though.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I had to call them anyway to see how they will be sending my no claims through and told them the price and try didn't say alot so guessin they couldn't was like £240 cheaper than there's after all haha