What's new

What Brand Fuel is the best quality?? (Brisbane, Australia)

B

ben7356

I hear so many different story's about the quality of fuels from everyone. So i wanted to know what other s15 owners think is the best brand of fuel (eg Shell, Bp etc) in Brisbane Australia. Any insight is appreciated cheers

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have seen a video where the test all the fuels on a dyno flush the tank and refuelled with the next brand ie supermarket,bp ,shell and shell v power came out way in front on torque and bhp on a turbo car than the rest,bp 2nd

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
BP Ultimate over here is only 97 RON. Shell V-Power and the posh Tesco stuff is 99 RON. I always use V-Power as that's what it was mapped on.

Reaction score
I've got all the big brands local to me, I suppose that's the luxury of living in London but I'll only ever fill my car up with V-Power. I've heard quite a few incidents of cars being mapped on BP ultimate having det problems over the years.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
They all change in quality... at one time BP ultimate was the bomb, then V-Power, then.......

What I'd do is get it tuned on the worst of the 98octanes (whichever you think that may be) so that when you do fill up anywhere else, you're safe. Also ask your tuner not to lean on it that much.

I fill up with whatever is cheapest or most convenient during the daily grind.

B

ben7356

yea ive been using v-power lately cause i got those 4c off vouchers (not that it counts for **** when buyinf 98) and i hear caltex 98 was pretty ****house so thought id just see what others thought thanks for the insight lads