What's new

Aero bumper

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, I just wanted to know about the aero bumpers you get for S15, are they really that hard to get second hand? As I've searched the forum and many members say just buy them brand new as they do not come up for sale but is that true? Reason why I ask is that this is the bumper that I'd want on my S15 aswell. So I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into :wack:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
They do seem to be rare, before I changed cars I was going to get a Greddy lip. Before that I was going to get an Abflug carbon kit until I saw the price :D

Cheapest option is but a GRP copy, drop a pm to B9nko he might be able to help :)

Reaction score
Country
The best option is to buy them new, however they cost around £900!!! Fibreglass ones I would stay clear of as they don't last very long. Plus it's fake so it kinda defeats the objective :)

Reaction score
Country
Does anybody know the product number for the bumper? So I can go into Nissan and price the part!

Reaction score
Country
No idea just phone garage d, they will give you a direct quote from Nissan. Tbh I would just buy an Aero Model if your looking for an S15. Harder to find and more to buy but then you don't have to source the parts and I garentee it will work out cheaper in the long run :)

Reaction score
Country
Rare as hell second hand, and even then, the second hand ones will be in excess of £500, so you may as well get a new one for £900+ which comes in perfect condition.

Second hand ones almost never come up for sale (i've been waiting for that one for nearly 2 years since i crashed mine). If you're desperate, just save the effort and order a new one. Dan @ SRB Power can do that for you without a problem :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Most that come for sale second hand have been or are damaged too. Plus, like Jase said, there's no guarantee of even finding one while you own the car!

Reaction score
Country
No idea just phone garage d, they will give you a direct quote from Nissan. Tbh I would just buy an Aero Model if your looking for an S15. Harder to find and more to buy but then you don't have to source the parts and I garentee it will work out cheaper in the long run :)
Rare as hell second hand, and even then, the second hand ones will be in excess of £500, so you may as well get a new one for £900+ which comes in perfect condition.

Second hand ones almost never come up for sale (i've been waiting for that one for nearly 2 years since i crashed mine). If you're desperate, just save the effort and order a new one. Dan @ SRB Power can do that for you without a problem :)

Thanks guys, think I'll just enquire with those 2 companies when I get my S15. But surely would it not just be as handy going to Nissan directly?

Most that come for sale second hand have been or are damaged too. Plus, like Jase said, there's no guarantee of even finding one while you own the car!
my car WILL have one lol but yeah I agree I think buying brand new would be the best thing to do. better start saving now :thumbs:

Reaction score
I had been after the Aero bumper since I bought my car a year and a half ago and only one genuine bumper appeared for sale in that time. I drove over 400 miles to collect it and paid a lot of money for a second hand bumper. However, it was in very good condition and in the same colour my car was. The £500 mark for a second hand one is pretty accurate as I paid very near that for mine.

Reaction score
my old s15 had an aero bumper and it looked great but instead on my new one i went for the greddy one off of deans15.Looks great and something different

Mike

Reaction score
Country
my car WILL have one lol but yeah I agree I think buying brand new would be the best thing to do. better start saving now :thumbs:
That was my opinion, exhausted the options and ordered one from Nissan, just have to bite the expensive bullet im afraid.

Reaction score
Country
That was my opinion, exhausted the options and ordered one from Nissan, just have to bite the expensive bullet im afraid.

would you have the part number Mike by any chance? Considering it was coming from Japan how long did it take?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Believe its this "S15 Aero front bumper - K6020-85F50" Would let someone clarify that though.

A touch over three months for mine. But it got caught in the tsunami so doesnt normally take that long!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys, think I'll just enquire with those 2 companies when I get my S15. But surely would it not just be as handy going to Nissan directly?
Would it not be worth buying a S15 with the aero kit? :)

Reaction score
Country
Would it not be worth buying a S15 with the aero kit? :)

it would be Lloydy but S15's with aero kits dont come up for sale that often and I am a very picky sort of person, I am after a 2000/2001 white S15 and the chances of a car with my exact requirements is very slim to be honest. The one JamesS15 had for sale was near perfect for me and very well priced but I am not finished with my Civic yet. The way I see it is that if I can meet some requirements I can add parts later on to make it individual to me i.e. the likes of the aero bumper.

C

clive

Can someone please confirm the above part number please?
Also if anyone has the same for the rear spats and side skirts?

Gonna pop in nissan on the weekend and check out the prices :)

Reaction score
Country
Can someone please confirm the above part number please?
Also if anyone has the same for the rear spats and side skirts?

Gonna pop in nissan on the weekend and check out the prices :)
Make sure you take a mop with you.........to mop up the sick after they've told you the prices.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That's if they can even get the prices. Ny local Nissan are useless even if you give them the PN, printed directly from FAST they still cant always give a price.

C

clive

Make sure you take a mop with you.........to mop up the sick after they've told you the prices.
Yeah I've read a few times the bumper is about 900 odd, will be interesting to see what they want for the other two. Either way I'm abit of a nancy boy when it comes to wanting genuine parts!