What's new

ok she stays!

K

kieran

following jono's thread of thining about getting a camper van :ghey: and my decision earlier this year to sell my s15 also very much :ghey: ;) i have seen the light and am keeping my car :thumbs:

this does however mean i MUST spend more money on it to say sorry to my pretty car for having such terrrible thoughts :thumbs:

current engine spec is

fmic
apexi air filter
profec b 2 boost controller
collins performance exhuast including de-cat
walbro
have had it rolling roaded at a very reliable and very brand new rolling road and on stock boost got 259 (flywheel bhp)

they did say that my graph was one of the best they saw that day (mr2 rolling road day i gate crashed) and had no det (they used det cans and wide band lambda on ever car.

my question? well i have apexi power fc de-jetro to be fitted and 740 nismo injectors, the rolling road also reckomended a fuel pressure regulator, should there be anything i should get before remap?

was thinking i should buy a uprated actuater? any other suggestions?

also nearly have all the kit now to do the z32 rear brake conversion :thumbs: (thank you nicely for your how too thread :thumbs: )
thinking i also need some sort or kit to finish the car off :D

anyways, as always i await your very helpfull comments and if possible pics of suggestion as we all love a good picture and topper and yakozan will be lost without pictures lol

K

kieran

lol thanks kimi, :thumbs:

how about a kit, what you reckon would suit her best you ve seen it in the flesh :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No need to change the actuator if you've got an EBC, unless the original fails.

No need to fit a fuel pressure regulator if you've got 740s and a way to control them.

I'd get a front pipe, turbo elbow (dump pipe) and colder sparks if you haven't already. Once you get past about 310bhp (fly), you should start thinking about getting a bigger AFM.

Glad to hear you're keeping her :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice. :thumbs:
I also been thinking about keeping mine as interest for S15s in Sweden seems a bit cold.
Alot of people want one. But there isn't many people who are prepared to cough up the dough :)

About the kit...
This looks good. And you already have the wheels (sort of).

Don't know what kit it is though.

I've seriously been considering this kit from GP-sports. But I don't think I'll ever have the money to get it :(

Or maybe Vertex Lang?
Or if you want to be fully sick. The Vertex Ridge :) Like the old black HKS S15 which Tsuchiya crashed :(

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
thats the kit iam thinking of geting thats the gp sports one hehehe wait till i get a second car then i will kit it up...

K

kieran

lol keep it coming you guys, i like the black one yakozan, very nice

nicely, the down pipe is part of the mongoos already so thats cool but i dont have the dump pipe, iirc you got the s14 from creasy is that right? if so ill contact him running denso ik24 as for the afm i got the d-jetro so have a 3 bar mao sensor so i can run without afm.

once again thanks guys
:thumbs:

K

kieran

lol i dont think it is, the exhaust was a one off by mongoose, they made the kit up on my car and then used that design to make the factory mould so to speak so im guessing its just for the s15? i dunno? surely thought it would be the same? from that point? maybe creasey would let me try one out first :thumbs:

K

kieran

getting confused now lol from the turbo you have the elbo (original) from there it all mongoose so the elbo i guess id the dump pipe?.......................its late im tired and had a few beers forgive me for being dumb lol :cry:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
getting confused now lol from the turbo you have the elbo (original) from there it all mongoose so the elbo i guess id the dump pipe?.......................its late im tired and had a few beers forgive me for being dumb lol :cry:
Less booze, more boost :wave:

Dump-pipe and turbo-elbow is the same thing. To confuse you a bit more. The dump-pipe (elbow) is generally called downpipe here in Sweden. Which I have to say is the most logical word for it as it goes DOWN from the turbo.

But every country seems to call it differently.

Now. After fitting the 740s and PFC.
Will you take the car to a track? If that's the case I would definetly recommend an oil-cooler with thermostat. The oil gets hot pretty fast when doing trackdays.

If you want to up the power more then I think you'll need a new turbo and cams.
That should set you off over the Gearbox breaking limit (examples of 420-450hp S14(a)s exist with similar spec here in Sweden). S14 boxm will probobly not cope very long with that power, so now it's getting really expensive... Or am I getting out of hands here :D

K

kieran

lol turbo isnt an option just yet, will probably look at that in the new year, then it becomes a mine field lol, just looking at what to do in the interim :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yakozan said:
The dump-pipe (elbow) is generally called downpipe here in Sweden. Which I have to say is the most logical word for it as it goes DOWN from the turbo.
You weird Vikings :p Its like an elbow pipe connected to the turbo, i.e. turbo elbow :D

I have no intention of going further in my level of tune. It starts involving mega bucks. Turbo, HG, internals...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
lol turbo isnt an option just yet, will probably look at that in the new year, then it becomes a mine field lol, just looking at what to do in the interim :thumbs:
Well, a set of HKS step 1 cams isn't wrong even when running on stock turbo :)
Best Motoring drove a 350hp Yashio factory S15 with stock turbo and a set of cams on their Touge showdown with the MCR R34GTR and Oridos Supra.
The S15 got the special price for best balance :)

Nicely said:
Yakozan said:
The dump-pipe (elbow) is generally called downpipe here in Sweden. Which I have to say is the most logical word for it as it goes DOWN from the turbo.
You weird Vikings :p Its like an elbow pipe connected to the turbo, i.e. turbo elbow :D

I have no intention of going further in my level of tune. It starts involving mega bucks. Turbo, HG, internals...
No no no ;)
It's a pipe going down from the turbo..... Downpipe :)

We all know that you eventually will get into that power region. You can afford it :D :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
But you start getting into the mindless modifying area, like some of the SXOC lot. Where the money that you are spending out is more than the cost of a better car (and, lets face it, there are better cars if you are willing to spend the money). Plus, you have very little hope of recouping the money if you sell the car intact. Its a struggle enough the sell the cars at their market values...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Glad to see your keeping her, i had a flash moment last night when i was going to sell up to buy a house :ghey: :D

Get all your parts fitted and a get a good map, you will notice a difference from that alone :nod:

As for getting a kit........... i wouldnt :no: your car looks mean as it is :nod:, if you get a bodykit almost your whole front end will be fibreglass, not good for stone chips :no:

Do your wings get stone chipped??

Now for some pictures :D

Creasey Down Elbow pipe :wack: - S14 one

Just incase you fancy the kit option -

Or since you have the wings and bonnet -

And last but not least, incase you want some serious power, get one of these -

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
But you start getting into the mindless modifying area, like some of the SXOC lot. Where the money that you are spending out is more than the cost of a better car (and, lets face it, there are better cars if you are willing to spend the money). Plus, you have very little hope of recouping the money if you sell the car intact. Its a struggle enough the sell the cars at their market values...
Yes those SXOC guys do go a little overboard... good job we don't have people like that here :rolleyes: