What's new

Feeling weak... need support...

J

Jono

:( I'm having a weak moment people... please help :(

I'm experiencing 'un-clean' thoughts about selling my S15. This is for no other reason than because I'd really like to get a motorhome so I can take the missus and the dogs etc. on 'trips' a bit more freely! At the moment, we can't can't even take a weekend up to Newcastle to see Emma's folks unless we pay for a dog-sitter or worse still, kennel fees (we have 3 dogs and 3 cats we have to consider).

The same applies to foreign holidays, which are expensive anyway so if I had a motorhome I could forget taking a foreign holiday and just use the van!

Now I wouldn't just go for some dodgy converted transit - I'm talking about geting a tip-top VW Camper... classic :nod: Would also be quite useful for my musical activities :thumbs:

All sounds like a great idea doesn't it!!! Oh shute, yeah I forgot... it means selling the S15 :cry:

So torn - I can't bring myself to sell the Sil but I need some more freedom too! And before anyone suggests it - no, we're not getting rid of the dogs!!! :rolleyes:

Whatdya reckon? Keep the Sil and wait for the feeling to pass?!

M

Meddy

Now I went through this thought process myself and it all boils down to where your priorities are really. The 15 is only a car at the end of the day and if owning it is preventing you from having the style of life you desire (In this case the camper) then there is only one decsion in my opinion. If however its just been a snap thought then for goodness sake dont do it as you will regret it. If your serious, sit down and way up what you get from the 15 and what the camper would give you. As said (Im like a broken record) at the end of the day its only a car and you can always drive she who must be obeyeds Skyline.

Jono said:
:( I'm having a weak moment people... please help :(

I'm experiencing 'un-clean' thoughts about selling my S15. This is for no other reason than because I'd really like to get a motorhome so I can take the missus and the dogs etc. on 'trips' a bit more freely! At the moment, we can't can't even take a weekend up to Newcastle to see Emma's folks unless we pay for a dog-sitter or worse still, kennel fees (we have 3 dogs and 3 cats we have to consider).

The same applies to foreign holidays, which are expensive anyway so if I had a motorhome I could forget taking a foreign holiday and just use the van!

Now I wouldn't just go for some dodgy converted transit - I'm talking about geting a tip-top VW Camper... classic :nod: Would also be quite useful for my musical activities :thumbs:

All sounds like a great idea doesn't it!!! Oh shute, yeah I forgot... it means selling the S15 :cry:

So torn - I can't bring myself to sell the Sil but I need some more freedom too! And before anyone suggests it - no, we're not getting rid of the dogs!!! :rolleyes:

Whatdya reckon? Keep the Sil and wait for the feeling to pass?!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Got to agree with Andy. If the S15 is getting in the way of you and Emma doing stuff, you really need to do a reality check. I bought the Ute because I nneded something more practical, which would get me into work in all weathers, was reliable and fairly reasonable to run. Its presence totally justifies me being able to keep the S15. I'm in a lucky position where I can afford to do this. If I wasn't, I'd have to reconsider...

You could pickup an awful lot of motorhome for the cost of the S15. A mate at work recently bought a German registered Fiat MH off German Ebay. One hell of a lot of vehicle, even if it is LHD. Cost him ?13k (about ?8.7k).

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Or you could get rid of the Skyline instead :D

Seriously though. Think about it long and hard.
But in the end, it's just a car. You can always get another one later on if you feel like it.

The wont exactly run out of S15s in Japan in the near future :thumbs:

J

Jono

I'll keep weighing it up I think. Bottom line is, I'd miss the thrills!!! That's all the S15 offers when you boil it down... thrills, kudos and presence. A nice split screen camper will still get kudos and presence, it just won't offer the thrills.

Of course, I could always get a Porsche engine transplanted in the back... :D

Owning an S15 is an expensive business. Mind you, I'll wager owning a campervan would be pretty much as bad! I'd probably aim to spend 9k on the van and whatever else I'd get from the S15 on a good run-about car.

:rant: what am I thinking......

I'm going for a cold shower. See ya when I've come to my senses! :wave:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The camper and a car :eek: are you mad, i hope you drown in the shower....................... :p :wave:

Seriously though, if you were to sell up, buy a camper van, why would you need another car??

M

Meddy

Topper said:
The camper and a car :eek: are you mad, i hope you drown in the shower....................... :p :wave:

Seriously though, if you were to sell up, buy a camper van, why would you need another car??
Because if its an old VeeDub camper it'll spend half the time broken down. :p :D

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Keep the silvia ,keep the liner, keep the dogs,
and buy a camper :D

your loaded do it :p

Lifes too short not to have what you want :wack:

i've got the s15 for fun , the yaris for a laugh and a micra for sainsburys runs :rotfl:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lee75 said:
Or dare i say it get a towbar fitted and get a ........

Caravan :hurl: :rant: :D
A guy here in Sweden has done that to his Skyline R32GTR.
He used it to pull his Opel corsa track car around.
Think it's the only Skyline GTR with a towbar in Europe :D

It should be a carbon-fibre caravan then. I don't think the S15 is allowed to tow heavy weights :D

A

Autech_NZ

why dont you try renting a campervan for you holidays? if it is really awesome and you find that you want to do it more than you want to drive you sil then go for the campervan.

I say rent first, try it out and see if it works, If i did the same thing the campervan would sit unused for 48 weeks of the year rotting in the drive and the other 4 i would use it. whereas the sil gets "used" almost everyday.