What's new

Water Temp sensor adapter!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah so.. usual defi.. no adapter to make the sensor useful.

According to Defi i need a 1/8PT adapter. it looks like a metal T piece. with my sensor screwing into the bottom of the T. and the T going into the top coolant hose coming off the rad.

Any one know where i can
a) get an adapter, and b) if this is the best way/place to do it?

cheers

.. edit. i need to google before i post. just found this sensor adapter:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/34MM-WATER-TEMP-SENSOR-ADAPTOR-GAUGE-METER-MITSUBISHI-HKS-DEFI-BLITZ-APEXI-/260946058282?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc198dc2a

win.

is this the way everyone is mounting theirs?

Last edited:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Mine is fitted on the ally water outlet above the exhaust manifold. The standard bleed screw was removed and the thread retapped. Works fine. I've got an adaptor that also fits into the top hose if that's of interest :)

Reaction score
Country
Mine is fitted on the ally water outlet above the exhaust manifold. The standard bleed screw was removed and the thread retapped. Works fine. I've got an adaptor that also fits into the top hose if that's of interest :)
ah fair enough! i can't be arsed getting anything retapped, just want a simple plug and play jobbie haha.

how much are you looking for for this adapter? and can you get it to me by friday? :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
most people would think this was OTT but i also put some high pressure thread sealant on the sensors thread, areas that have anything to do with water where the pressure gets to over 1bar and is continually going hot cold hot cold, like the coolant in a engine, its not a must do its just me being pedantic

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
most people would think this was OTT but i also put some high pressure thread sealant on the sensors thread, areas that have anything to do with water where the pressure gets to over 1bar and is continually going hot cold hot cold, like the coolant in a engine, its not a must do its just me being pedantic
It's not OTT mate it's the most sensible thing to do... I've used PTFE thread tape since day one :thumbs:

Jase - what you need for plug and play is the 32mm ID alloy water temp sensor adaptor available from a million sellers off eBay. They all come with 1/8 NPT pre-drilled hole.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
ah fair enough! i can't be arsed getting anything retapped, just want a simple plug and play jobbie haha.

how much are you looking for for this adapter? and can you get it to me by friday? :p
TBH, I won't get it to you this week plus looking at the price a new one you'd be betteroff getting from eGay :)

Reaction score
Country
haha cheers guys! i've recommended to use that magic tape by a few people too :)
and ebay it is! haha cant go wrong for just over a tenner!

do you mount it on the top pipe, or bottom pipe of the rad?

Reaction score
Country
cheers james, but i've got one now :) arrived in the post today! now i've just got to splice into my defi cable and make the stupid thing longer!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
cheers james, but i've got one now :) arrived in the post today! now i've just got to splice into my defi cable and make the stupid thing longer!
Don't use those nasty scotch/splice thingies...

Either solder or easiest way is to use the blade/piggyback connectors which is just a strip 'n' crimp job :)

Reaction score
Country
Don't use those nasty scotch/splice thingies...

Either solder or easiest way is to use the blade/piggyback connectors which is just a strip 'n' crimp job :)
haah i've already chopped and soldered it! and it works a treat! :) its annoying that defi give you a 3 inch cable to connect gauges. :/