What's new

Brake Discs - Servicing Info?

Reaction score
Country
Bonjour!

I've never had to change my brake discs, and i think the time is due.
I've been told they need changing when a lip starts to appear on the edge. this is now happening.

I've got R33 (non brembo) brakes at the moment, and just after any old disc that works. doesnt have to be anything flash. the OEM discs are good enough for me.

anyone got any recommendations, and or tips on the matter?

:)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
haha i knew the widths varied from when i changed my rears over :) just wasn't sure which ones fitted which lol
that ebay shop does some good deals though! :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Just avoid the drilled rotors, because they can crack between the holes. Slotted are the best option.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If they have a lip that doesn't mean they are too worn by any means. You can have quite a big lip and they will still be well within limits. They normally have wear markers or a minimum thickness which you can measure with vernier calipers.

Have a look on AP Racing for different disc designs. I'd also avoid drilled though.

Reaction score
Country
If they have a lip that doesn't mean they are too worn by any means. You can have quite a big lip and they will still be well within limits. They normally have wear markers or a minimum thickness which you can measure with vernier calipers.

Have a look on AP Racing for different disc designs. I'd also avoid drilled though.
alright ta!
will AP not be horrendously expensive though... ?
i mean my current setup on stock r33 discs will stop me from 40mph to 0, in two car lengths. (i tried it) and thats good enough for me!

Reaction score
Country
if the lip is only just starting to appear, you could just get your disks surfaced, and as long as the surfacing does not take heaps off then all good, i got my disks surfaced as while ago as they were warped and only 0.5mm was taken off