What's new

What colour to spray my new rocker cover??

Reaction score
Country
Looking for some advice for what colour to have my rocker cover sprayed???
Was thinking colour coded brilliant blue or candy red?
Any ideas appreciated!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
i did mine white and then splashed loads of different colours on it ill get a pic to show you.

Reaction score
Mine was a kind of flek blue

I got bored of that as I've always wanted to do black, but I've only got pretty awful pictures of the new colour, plus I ground the letters off the rocker cover...

Reaction score
Country
Ah nice! I love the blue one! Nice strut brace too by the way! do you have a paint code for the blue flec?

Reaction score
Country
matty - that looks awesome! i wanna do mine now hahaha.
whats the stock head gasket made of? and is it likely to need replacing after removing the cover?

adam - how did you grind the letters off the cover? bet that was a nightmare!

Reaction score
Country
heres mine,

Ah thats deadly! :thumbs: Very unique I would imagine!! Never seen anything like that before!
I dunno if it would, I didn't think of that! I bought another one so at least I wont have to take my current one off until the new ones all shiny and ready to go on!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I started with a really coarse file and after 5 minutes I realised I'd be there for quite some time if I carried on with it. So I stuck the rocker cover on a linishing machine with a coarse paper, I can't remember what grade though and that sorted it. I smoothed it off with a finer file.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the nice comments guys. the gasket is just soft rubber and you cant over tighten the rover cover as the bolt have a wider part that hits the head, preventing you from over tightening them, unless you go mad. but i would check what the correct torque is still.

really like that hks one, makes me wish i had got the numbering machined off mine before i painted it. damn it. might have to do it again. lol

J

john

mine is the same colour as my car candy apple green but its starting to bubble:( i like the candy colours nice and bright, ill get some picturs up as soon as the weather picks up rain rain and more rain in ireland!!!

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the nice comments guys. the gasket is just soft rubber and you cant over tighten the rover cover as the bolt have a wider part that hits the head, preventing you from over tightening them, unless you go mad. but i would check what the correct torque is still.

really like that hks one, makes me wish i had got the numbering machined off mine before i painted it. damn it. might have to do it again. lol
Did you replace the gasket or use a new one? Ye ill be getting it torqued anyway!

+1 on that! Really wanna see candy apple green!
I kinda like the numbering on the cover, gonna have mine painted a different colour too!