What's new

Thoughts on this S15?

Reaction score
Country
Just hoped you guys could have a look and see if anything stood out as looking dodgy on this seeing as you know a hell of a lot more than me. As far as I can see it looks spot on. Is there anything specific I should look for other than the usual rust spots, knocks and bangs? Only thing Im not keen on is the steering wheel, but I assume that's a simple swap.

Cheers guys!

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It looks ok to me. Had the HID headlights, no foglights (unusual), seat/steering wheel/harness are not to my personal taste at all but you can easily find standard items on here. Not sure what's going on with that exhaust heat shield thing either!

Not much else to say really without actually seeing it. Have you got a pic of the VIN plate?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I noticed it didn't have fog lights actually. Thats something I would look at putting back on at some point.

I thought the same about the exhaust heat shield. Not too bothered though because I would want a carbon one anyway :)

No photo of the VIN though, what would you be able to tell from that?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If it is a spec R or a spec S with a turbo motor conversion.

Reaction score
Ok, a few things that have caught my attention, the exhaust heat sheild would be something you put on if you have deleted the cat for track purposes to stop burning the bumper.
The Bride seat,stearing wheel and drift button on the hand brake are also a good indication of track time,possibly drifting.

Must have been a short guy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
What do you think it's worth?

Also I see the logic behind track time however there are so many cars these days that are 'track look' without ever seeing a track. Lol

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I would say its been tracked for sure! But with the ride height being so high I don't think it was a real weapon!
The car looks very nice though, and those Nismo wheels are rare and NICE!

Is it in the uk yet and how much is it? How many miles? What grade auction?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
So what if it's been tracked? I've had mine on track many times and look at the condition of it. The only cars I'd avoid are drift ones as the stresses they get subjected to are far worse.

Inspect the car and buy on condition.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I know who is importing this and to be honest I think he is asking too much for it
I was told how much another grade 4.5 aero without spoiler cost the other day and nearly had fit, they're reaching some mad money at the moment.

Car looks nice but as everyone else has said a few things id change!

Inspect the car and buy on condition.
^That.

Reaction score
Country
I would say its been tracked for sure! But with the ride height being so high I don't think it was a real weapon!
The car looks very nice though, and those Nismo wheels are rare and NICE!

Is it in the uk yet and how much is it? How many miles? What grade auction?
Didn't realise they were Nismo wheels :) what model are they?

It's a grade 4. Around 60k miles, not in UK yet. Piston heads advert asks 10,500 but I wont be paying that. Going up tomorrow to have a look around JM Imports and drop off a deposit.

Reaction score
Country
10,500?! That's somewhat hopeful!!
wow 10.5k! and i thought prices were dropping.....

that was my same thoughts guys when I saw the price stated, it does look great and JN-Imports does seem to get good reviews but the price is very optimistic in my opinion

So what would you pay then
Well he does state that if you pay 50% or more upfront as a deposit the price is negotiable. Personally I would only want to pay £8,500-9,000 if even that because you can get this car which has more and its here in the UK

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/3582155.htm

and Im sure if you were to offer £8,000 in cash you could probably pick it up

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you were going to pay that much, you would be better putting another 1000quid in and buying Craig's. That would have been money well spent. (before anyone asks, you're too late, it's sold)

Although, if you were in Oz, that wouldn't be a bad price.

Reaction score
Country
dude! think!
a) you're missing the second most 'stand out' item of the aero kit.. THE SPOILER. and you explicitly wanted the full kit.
b) like everyone said, could have been drifted
c) you said you wanted as close to standard as possible! lol. doesnt look very standard to me haha. that tin foil above the exhaust tip is howling! mines de-catted and doesnt burn the bumper. not required unless you're running rich/dumping fuel imo..

d) you would've though the owner would have cleaned it before taking photos haha. its disgusting! and the bride has some nasty stains on it lol

for this money, you should've just bought craigs ;)

Reaction score
Country
To be fair Jase the spoiler is going to be fitted when it hits the UK, its say so in the advert!

But I agree with all your other points, my biggest gripe is the cost.