New forum admin

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Due to the current commitments of some of the admins, it has been decided to bring someone else on board. :)

Please say hello to the newbie admin, Channie! :wave:

Reaction score
Country
Congrads Channie...
wanna see more events, meet ups as i feel this forum is missing. you didn't think you can just be an admin. and just answer questions.....:rotfl:

Reaction score
Cheers all!

raystang - your right this club is desperately needing some meets... i did try and organise something in the prime days of GT Battle but it died!

As everyone is so spread out its difficult to get people together... especially the ones on the other side of the world!

At present the best i can see is meeting up at big national events... although most go with other car clubs mainly the SXOC... we could have an option for a club stand if thats what people would want... and i have no problem helping set it up! But we do need get peoples ideas put forward

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Congrats channie.

P

Pazz

Congrads Channie...
wanna see more events, meet ups as i feel this forum is missing. you didn't think you can just be an admin. and just answer questions.....:rotfl:
channie said:
....As everyone is so spread out its difficult to get people together.....
I agree with raystang, the club is lacking in meets. You could just blame it on the fact that S15's are rare. But then it didnt stop the Ferrari F40 owners club.... http://jstylecars.com/?p=213 Dino stumbles across one of their club meetings in Japan near the Tomei Expressway.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
PMSL! I don't think the people in the F40 owners club would struggle with the cost of driving several hundred miles to a meet! :wack:

Its the price you pay for having a rare car, I'm afraid. Everyone hears about the SXOC meets, but there are crate loads more members, and people generally only travel a short distance to their local meet. You don't hear about SXOC members driving down from Manchester to go to the Reading meet... If we had local meets, we'd probably only have two or three S15s turn up for each region! That's assuming 100% turnout... The only events which SXOC members are prepared to travel to are the big events like JAE, Japfest, etc.

What was discussed in the past was to have an 'event day', like an airfield day or the like, and inviting the magazines. However, it needs someone to be dedicated enough to organise and see something like this through. It also needs the support of as many people as possible. Its no use someone going to all that trouble only to have people say its too far away, etc. Unfortunately, regardless of where you hold something, it too far for many people.

P

Pazz

I agree the cost will be irrelevant for them.

But assuming some have driven quite a distance, I would think the sheer fact that they are putting those considerable miles on a Classic F40 and running the risk of a little Micra etc plowing into the back of them or hitting a rock and smashing a windscreen etc, would be cringing enough. Some will still of sacrificed to attend the meeting, just not in a direct financial sense.

Reaction score
I agree the cost will be irrelevant for them.

But assuming some have driven quite a distance, I would think the sheer fact that they are putting those considerable miles on a Classic F40 and running the risk of a little Micra etc plowing into the back of them or hitting a rock and smashing a windscreen etc, would be cringing enough. Some will still of sacrificed to attend the meeting, just not in a direct financial sense.
But they would just buy another one!!!

Once ive settled down abit here as an admin and on the sxoc as a rep :rolleyes: I'l look at arranging a meet for the club... probably would be a stand at a national event though... but would be good to have a get together... but will see how things unfold!

Does anyone want to see merchandise etc??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Problem with merchandise is that the club operates on a very tight margin of cost to contributions received. There simply isn't the money to cover the initial outlay for merchandise like there is on somewhere like the SXOC. If any was to be done, it would have to be money-up-front and the quantities would be quite low, so there wouldn't be much, if any, discounting. :(