Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Hello everyone!
As some of you are probably aware, we have been making significant changes to our forums in order to enhance the user experience, hopefully you will like them.

If anyone would like to leave their feedback or suggestions, please reply to this thread! All kinds of feedback (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated!

Below is a brief list of what has been done

1. Forum Default Template
The theme has been updated to a more modern style and hopefully easier to use on mobiles

forum theme.png

If you want to use the old theme, you can easily select it at the bottom left hand side of the screen and select vB4 Default Style

theme.png

2. Meets & Events
The Meets and Events forums have now been merged into one

We have introduced prefix's which allow you to tag your post with the type of event, allowing us to keep all information in once tidy forum.

events and meets.png

3. Classified adverts
We have restructured the classified adverts and removed the "Wanted" forum.

Wanted ads are now integrated within the corresponding classified section with new prefix's introduced for items For Sale(FS) and items Wanted (WTB)
for sale.png

The structure has changed from:

For Sale, Wanted & Traders

• Cars For Sale
  • Car Parts For Sale
  • Other Items For Sale
  • Wanted
  • Traders
  • Importers & Exporters

Changed to:

For Sale and Wanted

• Cars for sale
  • Car Parts for sale
  • Other items for sale
  • eBay

Traders

• Traders: Products and offers
  • Importers & Exporters
  • Interested in becoming a trader? (link to contact us)

In the future we will be introducing individual forums for specific traders.

4. User Ranks and Titles

User Ranks have now been introduced:
rank_0.png to rank_5.png

Titles have been changed for staff, traders and members:
rank_administrator.png rank_moderator.png
rank_trader.png rank_contributing_trader.png
rank_contributing_member.png

5. Instagram links on profiles
As a lot of users use instragram, we have introduced a new profile field to accomodate this. This will show under your stats when you post.

instagram.png
The username is clickable and links directly to either Instagram.com or the instagram app on your phone.

You can set your instagram user here (at the bottom of the page): http://forum.s15oc.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

6. New Emoticons/Smilies

Pretty much self explanatory
:tea:

7. Instant Notifications for Forums
You can now get an immediate email notification when a new thread is made in a forum of your choice (this was previously limited to daily or weekly notifications)

instant subscriptions.png

8. Increased Avatar Size
We have increased the avatar size now to 210px x 100px for all members.

9. Higher image post limit
We have increased the amount of images per post to 10, this is to help users who make build threads to have more flexibility of posting a large amount of images

10. New Members
We have made it easier for new members to join, all that is needed now is an introduction post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. The post will be moderated and if approved, the user will receive full forum access.

11. Liking a post or reply
You can now like post by clicking on the "Like" button on the bottom left of any post.

like button.png

If you want to view posts that you have liked, or posts that you have made that have been liked by others, you can view this from your profile

search likes.png

You can also treat this as a way of setting a post to "favourite" for viewing later!

There will be more updates in the near future, hopefully you can enjoy these for now!

Let us know what you think by replying to this post!

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Not much point in sending him my direction in fairness, the SXOC haven't had a meet on this side of the pond for about 2 years now. :(

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
I went down the route of Mazda's magical triangles years ago! :lol: Still know plenty in the Nissan circles but most of the cars are in storage, halted project builds or are no longer road cars unfortunately. :(

A user by the name of "Clint" on the SXOC would be the man to talk to nowadays though for anyone looking! :)

Last edited:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Yup - several including an FD, 3 RX8 6-speeds, a fourth RX8 PZ which ended up as the basis for my Renesis-powered NC MX5 which will be finished shortly. ;) ...but we're getting seriously off-topic now! :lol:

SX2002

Reaction score
Country
In the new Forum, I'd like to have the ability to upload an image from my PC, NOT a URL...like other Forums I'm on..makes things so much easier..

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
In the new Forum, I'd like to have the ability to upload an image from my PC, NOT a URL...like other Forums I'm on..makes things so much easier..
Hi Ron,
This feature is limited to Premium Forum Members but if you use 'Tapatalk' on your mobile device, it will let you upload images without having to be a premium member

Hope that helps
Joe