What's new

Mapping opinions?????

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I haven't had mine mapped yet but from what I have been reading and been told for a road car the nistune is bang on,I will be getting mine mapped by greg @ protuner and have been quoted £600 for fitting and mapping the board

Reaction score
Country
Not from personal but from people i know that have tried a couple of different ECU's, and after speaking to a couple of local tuners.

Link's G4 is a proven ECU that out does the likes of the Power FC and and has way more options then things like nistune, A grand in your currency should get you one of those and a tune.
Here in NZ people who have had ECU's like the power fc have changed to the link and without changing any mods gained 20 - 40 kw, it does not require a MAF, has its own boost contoller, unlike the HKS F-CON which requires a external boost controller.
The link also has options for plug in displays and adjusters.
The bonus with the link is a option for a plug in

http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management-ecus

Im probably just bias to the link as it was developed here and has been a huge success,

Haltech and Microtech are very very good options as well but cost alot more.

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
The link sounds spot on!! If I had that budget the. I would have had that for sure!

The nistune is a great bit of kit, and worth it if you want different tuners to map it.

I personally went for a Horsham development board and map by jez from Horsham. Came to 379.00. Car has run brilliantly and would recommend him, but with a Horsham board it can only be mapped by jez and if he's not close to you then I wouldn't.

If link is about a grand then go for that!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I asked Fasthands about the Vi-pec he has and it says it's superb, think its a little more than your budget but from what I understood it as good if not better than the apexi and easier to get hold of.

http://www.vi-pec.com/

Reaction score
Country
Vi-Pec is a good option (Vi-Pec V44).

Also HKS Fcon VPro, Syvecs S4C both top ecu's.

If your interested I have an Fcon V Pro (latest version 3.3) with MAP/IAT sensor that i'm likely to sell (completely unused in it's box), i've decided for my build to use a Cosworth Pectel SQ6 (£2k+) so it's now not required, I havent put this up for sale yet as i'm in now rush but PM me if your interested.

I also agree with Chris on Greg at Protuner, he's a top tuner, Greg quotes me also around £600 for the fitting and mapping of the Fcon.

Reaction score
I run the Apexi Power Fc D Jetro but I've been planning for ages to get it swapped for the Link G4 as all I've read and been told by people that use it is it's one of the best ecu's on the market. I keep buying other expensive crap though, so I never get around to sorting it out.

Reaction score
Country
The Apexi Power PC D Jetro has been the the most popular standalone ECU for years, so it's got a well proved history, nice now though that there's other options out there like and with more moderm map spec like 32x32 rather than the Apexi 20x20 maps, I keep hearing about the Link G4, must do some research.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, how much are you after for the Fcon?
I'll send you a PM, it's been a few months since I bought it and I need to check up on the prices, the kit will need to include the Fcon ECU, Harness for S15 and IAT/MAP sensor.

Reaction score
Country
I also heard good words about Haltech platinum and AEM EMS series... Can't tell you my personal impression as I have a GReddy EManage ultimate :D

Reaction score
Country
Haltech Platinum 1000/2000 are very good ECUs, but as with all things it comes down to money and how far away a good mapper is who has experience with your ECU of choice.

If you have an up to £2000 budget my moneys on the Syvecs S6, it's the little brother of the S8 which is basically a rebranded Cosworth Pectel SQ6/Life Racing F88. Both of which are awesome ECUs.

To put this into perspective the Sierra Sierra World Time Attach EVO runs a Pectel SQ6 and Life Racing PDU (both of which are UK hardware interestingly).

There's also plenty of AEM units kicking around. AEM have just released a new ECU that's meant to be up there with the big boys: -

AEM Infinity 10 Standalone

This should be in at around the £2k mark, not sure if it's actualy released in Europe yet, but the spec looks good and quite different from previous offerings.

So plenty of options.

In all fairness it depends on what you want from an ECU, the more expensive ECUs can control lots of other hardware (anti-lag, water injection, nitrous, traction control, DBW etc) and intergrate with the CAN bus system for full electronic control over the car, most daily drives won't need anything like this and as such a more simple ECU is probably all that's required.

I guess the best option for a daily drive is limit yourself to around a £1k budget (excluding sensors) and you will have a powerfull ECU good for any normal upgrade you want.

If your building a high HP Time Attack car then the skys the limit, I've scarily budgeted £8k for electronics (ECU, DPU, Custom harness and install/mapping)