What's new

Speaker placement

Reaction score
I have a set of Genesis 6.5" components and a DSL amp which i had previously had installed in my s13. I am considering putting them in the s15 as they are wasted just sitting in my room. The only thing that concerned me was the placement of the tweeters and the crossover. Does anybody have pictures of their set ups for inspiration.

Reaction score
Country
I can't comment on the crossovers but there's a surround for the inner door handles - pop those off and they have a cutout on the inside for tweeters :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As above you can place them there or I have mine on the backing plates of my door mirrors for better more direct sound
As for the crossovers,unless they are gold plated and you want them on display then I would just fix them on the rear of the panel there's plenty of space

Reaction score
Thats great thanks guys. I had planned on putting the crossovers inside the door cards but someone had mentioned that the damp and wet can cause problems, but if you reckon its cool i'll go with it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well if that's the case and you are worried about it another nice little place to fix is in the back of the door pocket,they are useless for anything else lol just a case off drilling a few holes for the wiring and mount them as far towards the back of the car as possible then u will have no chance of any trouble buddy,and shouldn't be able to see it

Reaction score
I will carry on posting ICE questions in this thread as I doesn't seem worth starting a new thread for.

I have a small but well matched amp (the DSL mentioned earlier) and I would like to install this under the drivers seat. There is no danger of anyone kicking it and damaging it as one is ever going to sit behind my seat, and if they do they must physically have no legs. I know this amp doesn't suffer from over heating placed here as I had it mounted under the seat in my old Cooper. I was looking at the battery terminal though in the engine bay and couldn't really see any way that I could easily connect one of the huge thick cables that everyone powers their amps with, how have people got around this issue?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Reaction score
No your spot on with what im talking about, let me use a photo to explain.

The existing cables in the loom have moulded plugs which clip in to the red thing which is connected to the terminal and part of the loom is also crimped in, and where i would normally just replace the terminal as you suggested, it becomes rather difficult with this premoulded connector, and there isnt enough space on the pre-existing terminal to connect an (for example) 4awg cable.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I see what your saying mate,if there Is enough slack you can just cut the connectors off the wire and clamp the wire into the new terminal block?if not then use a screwdriver to prise openthe clamp holding onto the wire andcrimp ring connectors onto it and buy a terminal with the screw mounting points instead?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats definately an option, i'll try messing about with trying to get a connector over that bolt and nut first, if i have no joy with that i will take the suggested route.

Don't suppose anyone knows off the top of their head if there is a suitable earthing point under/near the drivers seat? My best guess would be the handbrake.
And what size cable is required for earthing the amp? It's been so long since i had a decent audio set up in my car, this stuff has just been gathering dust.
And there used to be a quite good car audio forum, i will have a quick google and see if i can find it for more advice.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Depends on the power you are running as to what gauge cable you need mate,most installs are fine with between 4 and 8,if you wanna go super thick 0 gauge is the way forward but unless your running silly power its pretty pointless and can actually be detrimental to the power output.
Only place other than handbrake I can think of is the seat mounting points and the seatbelt mount at the base of the door.

Reaction score
Nah it is definately not a high power thing, it should be fine with 8awg after reading some online instructions for the amp. That should make everything much easier to wire in.