What's new

Wiring fog lights to ADM S15

H

Hullinator

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever wired up fog lights to a ADM spec S15??

I want to use the JDM indicator Stalk but am unsure of how to go about wiring it up.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Cheers

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I answered this in your introduction thread. The wiring to the bar is definately not there like the JDM's. I am not sure about the wiring in the column. If it is there, can you let me know.

H

Hullinator

Hi Meddler

Yeah is is definately no wiring anywhere in the car for Fog lights. I'm going to have to run complete wiring through the car. If I get the JDM stalk wit the fog light switch on it, do you know which plug on it contains the switches to turn them on and off??

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
unfortunately no. It isn't shown in the ADM manual. The only way to check would be to do it with a multi meter before you fit it into the car.

H

Hullinator

Thanks for that.

Looks like I just going to have to get a JDM indicator stalk and try and work it all out. Hopefully it all goes my way.

I already have the JDM front bar with fog lights in it, it just a matter now of getting the wiring and the stalk.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have the fogs as well. I ended up making a custom loom to go to the fuse box and then into the car. It isn't fully finished yet as I have a little bit of electronic trickery to finish before I put it all in.

H

Hullinator

I've been looking at fog light wiring looms on the net. Looks like you can buy the full kit with relay and fuses, the only thing I'm worried about is connecting it up in the car. I see you can buy looms that hook up to the high beams, but I'd rather have a switch in the car so I can turn them on or off when I want to. Thats why I wanted to try and wire it to a JDM indicator stalk to try and keep it all standard, and not have to worry about add another switch in the car.

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
do you have a link for the kits?

H

Hullinator

No link, I just looked on eBay under fog light wiring kits. There are universal ones on there.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ah, fair enough. I thought you were talking about an S15 specific one. I will have a look.

H

Hullinator

Nah I tried to find a s15 specific one, but it does exist. So universal it is I guess. Order a JDM stalk, now just need to get the wiring loom.

Hey do you know which pins are which on the fog lights themselves?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The blue wire is the positive and the black wire the negative.

P1010020.jpg

H

Hullinator

The fog lights I got don't have the clip with the wires coming off it. I somehow have to work out how to wire it to the clip on the light. I wonder if you could buy a clip that would match it??

I've been looking at my car tonight, seems like it's going to be a mission to get the wiring somehow through the fire wall and up to the indicator stalk.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think you can buy them, but the best bet would be to go to a wreckers where you can take the bits off the cars yourself. I found that the N16 Pulsar has a lot of similar connectors. ;)

Running the wiring through to the cabin isn't that hard. There are some grommets in the firwall and there is a very large grommet under the drivers side guard. This is the one I used.

H

Hullinator

Got all of the bits and pieces, except the clips to the fog lights. Hopefully I can pick them up from a wrecker on the weekend.

Going to give it a try and wire it all over the weekend. Still not 100% sure on connecting the wiring to the indicator switch. There is two extra plug on the JDM stalk, compared to the ADM one. To make matters worse, one of the is actually going to be in the way of the ignition barrel, think its because of the factory immobiliser box that sits on top of the ignition barrel.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Don't forget to take pics :)