What's new

Apexi MAP Sensor Error and Speedo Calibration

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

can someone help me with 2 questions.

1. I installed some electronic Apexi gauges and the boost gauge snaps between values under -0.2 bar. Above -0.2 bar the needle is very smooth. Why?

2. If I get larger tyres how do I (or a tuner) calibrate the speedo?

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
1) are you using the multi gauge controller? where have you t'ed into for boost? I have a EL series boost gauge (electronic) but no multi gauge controller and its smooth the whole way round.
2) i wouldn't bother really, as all speedos are wrong from the factory anyway, like when your speedo says 110kph you are really doing 104kph, use a GPS to give you a indication of your true speed, but that's only truly accurate in a straight line

his link may be of some help

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the reply spoonman. i am using a controller. i tested the sensor and its ok. i think the problem is the canister line that i tee'd into. should have used the bov line

Reaction score
Country
carbon canister?????!!!! i hate carbon canisters they are the tools of hippies, use the factory boost gauge line or t off the bov line.
please remove and bin the carbon canister, on the principal that its doing nothing for your car but helping to reduce its CO emissions to make it more environmentally friendly, and its a bonus half a kg in weight gone and a good spot for a catch can.
if you are unsure of how to do this just PM me