What's new

Xanavi Disconnected from s15

B

been_and_gone

So after a few weeks of getting my s15, I had had enough of the bright green japanese screen that popped up in the dash. The faceplate was in japanese and the buttons didn't work at all, therefore it was useless and distracting when driving at night. So I tackled the beast and took off the centre console, and ripped out the navigation box, however the screen still stays in the dash but it's just there, it won't pop up.

Now i face the problem of a hole in my centre console just below my stereo where you can see in to all the attractive wires. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what i could put here, I had a suggestion of puting some 2" gauges in there, but i'm not too sure if it's worth it as its a 1999 Spec S Auto, therefore what would it measure? Can i get a faceplate? Or maybe a cubby hole to pop in there. Speaking of the cubby hole, what are they actually called as I was searching for them on Trademe but I don't actually know what they're called haha.

So basically I have a hole, a bunch of wires and a free screen. What can i do with this all?

Cheers guys.