What's new

Megasquirt

Reaction score
Country
Hi there
Like to ask if anyone heard of megasquirt ecu?
Any good or if compatible at all for our cars?

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Hi there
Like to ask if anyone heard of megasquirt ecu?
Any good or if compatible at all for our cars?

Cheers
I've never heard of it before... Saying that, an ECU is just like a calculator... If there is a reputable tuner in your area that deals with a 'megasquirt' ecu, then speak to them about it. Personally, I'd be running a Power FC D-Jetro...

Reaction score
Country
unbeleivable

http://www.megasquirt.info/

For most of our cars i'd say the Nistune or the PFC d-jetro as there's loads of people that can tune them. I've gone the more difficult route and got a HKS Fcon V Pro (v3.3) but got such a good deal on it I could pass it up, plus I have a HKS tuner in the town I work in :) Really i'd steer clear of ECU's that aren't generaly being used by others as this limits greatly the tuners that can map it.

M

martinbattye

Megasquirt is not compatible with the Nissan trigger..

tbh Nistune is much more capable than bodging a Megasquirt on..

if your looking to be running a LOT of power then i would recommned the LinkG4 ecu,

all above in stock.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Apparently megasquirt is like a 'my first ecu' lol, that's what a tuner I know calls them...

M

martinbattye

hahah.. well said..

i think they are for people that have something like a TR4 that they are converting injection..

dont get me wrong.. they are capable units.. but the fact they dont accept oem triggers and have nowhere near the configurability of for example the G4. means they are worlds apart

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the input guys, just wanted learn tuning in a cheap way. More of a impulse thing. Given up now! ha..

M

martinbattye

a cheap way of learning to tune is not megasquirt..

for the S15 it is Nistune.