What's new

Stereo geeks..a little help please (Micra ISO bad earth?)

Reaction score
Country
Okay went to fit my nice new Sony cd player the other day but couldnt get it to power up..

I purchased a Micra ISO adapter which fits into the sony one nice.

However..it wont power up...ive tried switching the red and yellow wire combinations as shown in the instruction manual but with no joy...

From searching on here it seems the earth wire has to be cut and ground on the car? Looking at the photos below you can see the black wire goes into the block but nothing comes out..so this mab be the case..Would this stop the stereo powering up?

If this is the case can someone confirm this method for me and how to do it? Do i Simply just cut the black earth wire so it no longer connects to the block (nissan side, so its still connected stereo side) and earth it somewhere?

Earth goes in

Nothing comes out

Sony ISO

Like I said above I dont know which combination will work but ive tried switching the red and yellow around.

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
If its not earthed it will not work mate
The earth needs a seperate connection point mate,the original stereo is earthed through the aerial I believe,I have screwed mine into the metal behind the dash you could cut into an earth point if you don't want to do that there are plenty of earths you could splice into

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Earth it to the metal frame that the stereo screws into mate ;)

Reaction score
Country
Well that didnt work :(

Cut the wire and stripped it -

Tried it on the frame -

Also tried it on this wire which goes to the ariel which looks like it could be an earth

No joy!

Any ideas?

Might have to pay a visit to Halfords at this rate lol

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
i would suggest getting this adapter assuming you haven't (I've seen a couple that work with micra's) http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/pc2-76-4-adaptor

would be a lot less hassle then trying to butcher the other one to make it work, plugged it into mine and worked with no problems straight away

btw the wire u tapped onto from the aerial i believe was the power supply to the booster not a grounding wire

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
weird, shoulda worked

oh well there's a cable from the cig lighter you can use to ground it, runs close by and I've used it for the tom-tom cable & lights in my car. its black, the red cable with green strip is a + supply from the bat

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Mate did you actually wrap the wire round a screw and tighten it in only reason I ask is when I just put the wire on the cage it didn't work need a really good earth? And when its earthed have you tried swapping the power cables to make sure they are round the right way?
I know it sounds silly but its best to start at the beginning and eliminate things,I used to do install for a living and 9 times out of 10 it was the last thing you check and the most obvious!
Have you checked all the fuses etc?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeh I have been swapping the wires around to see, Im going to try a better earth tomorrow then, mabi try the cig lighter :nod:

What fuses are there to check? Theres one on the back on the new head unit which is fine... any others?

S

Scr33ch08

They run like Three Fuses in them one under the bonnet, one under the kick panel and one in the back of the head unit itself, i had the same problem you could of accidentally earthed out the wrong wire in the process without knowing it would be best to check all fuses and start from scratch, easily locate your Earth(usual Black) Direct power(Usually Red or yellow) and your Remote wire (usually Red or blue) Depending on what country your in could use different colors if u easily locate them wires with all 3 fuses in working order you shouldn't have a problem with it

Reaction score
Country
It was the fuses :nod:

Both of them (footwell and engine bay) had blown.

Used the cig lighter earth too and everything was fine..just need to buy some more wire today as the earth wont reach the cig lighter when the cd player is fully fitted as I tested it while the cd player wasnt fitted.

Cheers guys!