What's new

Two 12" subs in the trunk? (boot for you "English" speaking folks)

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I'm trying to fit two 12" subs in the trunk of my S15 and was wondering if anyone has some pictures of some installed. I'm trying to get some ideas on how to build the box. I also have a methanol tank and pump to work around. I already have the trunk stripped and the spare tire removed.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a 10" in a 12" box. It is one of the fibreglass jobs off ebay. It really comes down to the speakers and the type of box you want to use.

Link" http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-NISSAN-SILVIA-200SX-S15-SUB-FIBERGLASS-SUBWOOFER-BOX-/180688392775

You can actually get one for each side.

There are other options, but this is the easiest. My long term goal is to have my 10" under the parcal shelf without cutting any material. It's going to take a stack of fibreglassing.....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I've just fitted a 12mm mdf panel over the access hole in the boot and fitted a jl 10" free air sub, using the whole boot as a box. Takes up zero boot space and adds the lows I was missing. It's actually quite defined for a free air sub, and if you fancy it you can have the back seat down and the sub blasting the back of your head lol. Weighs sod all too :)

Reaction score
Country
I've just fitted a 12mm mdf panel over the access hole in the boot and fitted a jl 10" free air sub, using the whole boot as a box. Takes up zero boot space and adds the lows I was missing. It's actually quite defined for a free air sub, and if you fancy it you can have the back seat down and the sub blasting the back of your head lol. Weighs sod all too :)
Have you got a picture of that setup? sounds perfect :nod:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
You could fit 2 10's but not sure about 12's...

Reaction score
Country
Thats so neat and tidy. Think i'm going to give this a go once i've fixed my electrical interference issue :(

Where did you guys fit the amplifier for the sub and speakers?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
I renewed the base board in the boot for 12mm mdf and fitted it on the floor flat. I'll post a pic later ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sound like a good idea,must be quite a lot of weight though?
I am tempted to do a full build in my boot,just finding the time though.
Look forward to pick JL audio ftw!!!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
12mm isn't that heavy mate. Besides, take off the weight of a spare wheel and what a sub box would have weighed and look at the advantage of having a boot floor that doesn't bow in the middle and sounds and still be carrying less weight than standard.... ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very good point,the spare wheel alone would prob be about the same weight.
Could use it as a fake floor also with no spare and hide all the cabling etc good idea,think that's the way I will go,look forward to some pics of your set up mate

Reaction score
Country
This all looks rather posh, mines a lot more pikey! Cheap 10" fli sub held down with a bungee cord in the boot haha!