What's new

Splitfire coilpacks..

Reaction score
Country
Hi there!! iv'e heard that splitfire coilpacks increase hp.. Is there any truth here..and does anyone know how much in that case..??

best regards tony

J

JapanS15

I wouldn't think it would make a big difference, but it should be better than stock. Same thing with goes for air filter replacement. Slight increase in hp/tq, but not to the point where its very noticable.

EDIT: just read on another forum that someone did a before and after dyno and gained 16whp. whether or not you'd feel it driving is another story.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ok.. one of my coilpacks are dead.. so It's time to replace.. but I dont know how much new cost..
Have a friend that just sold his S15,, and the wants to sell his, splitfire Coilpacks for 200 Euro...

J

JapanS15

Ok.. one of my coilpacks are dead.. so It's time to replace.. but I dont know how much new cost..
Have a friend that just sold his S15,, and the wants to sell his, splitfire Coilpacks for 200 Euro...
I'd say that's a reasonable price assuming there isn't a ton of mileage on them. Brand new will run you about $400 US.

Reaction score
I did feel an instant improvement in torque, as you would feel this while driving more than a slight BHP increase. low down grunt was a lot better. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Reaction score
Country
OK think I'll buy them soon... This Is weird guys, I went to the garage today,, started the car,, and Voila... no problem, engine ran smooth and fine.. hmmm

Reaction score
Country
I understood It like it's just to replace the oem, then boost on =)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, they are im my car, fitted by a previous owner, and as far as she knew there was no extra mapping

Reaction score
There just a straight swap,no need for tuning as they offer very minumal change to stock. The reason people feel a difference is most times their stock coil packs are breaking down due to the heat. Throw a set of brand new OEM coil packs in and you'll get the same feel as the Split Fires. The best reason to buy them is they are cheaper than the stock unit.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah... I'll be getting my splitfires in the end of this week.. they are used and don't have more then 1000 km on them.. got them for 180 euro.. =)

DOM

Reaction score
OK think I'll buy them soon... This Is weird guys, I went to the garage today,, started the car,, and Voila... no problem, engine ran smooth and fine.. hmmm
this may be the start one of the coilpacks failing. usually starts intermittently. you can a resistance test to see which one is faulty, this test is shown in the s15 manual.

Reaction score
Country
Got the Splifires now... problem solved =)
was coilpack nr 4..

what kind of spark plugs are you guys running..?
I changed to Bcpr7Es now,, had Bkr7eix before...

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i run coppers too (bcr8es gapped to a fraction under 0.7mm) - they will foul up if the car is started and left without going anywhere etc but i'd sooner replace them for 6quid every few months than run iridiums....

Reaction score
Country
yeah I was thinking like this too,, change every 5-6 months.. and that's It.. But why do you gap them..?? and how do I know that I need to gap them..??
dont remember how big the gap Is on Bcpr7es.... But my car is getting alot of fuel.. every time I shift I hear A puufff.. and sometimes theres fire comming from exhaust,, It's crazy..hehe

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I gap mine to that because I am running 1.4 bar on a rich map which led to playing around with the gap settings until high boost stopped blowing out the spark ;) If plugs aren't gapped correctly they can lead to poor idle and/or misfires at certain boost/rpm. It's about finding the right balance to prevent all the above :)